#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like the man. Not sure I’ve ever said that about player in a city shirt.
Greedy, lazy, soft, arrogant glory boy playing for himself and no one else. He wants fucking off.

He was a leading contender for worst player on the pitch but I’d give the award to Sterling this week.

Mahrez gets picked every game - Ferran does more in 20 minutes and Phil does more in 10 mins on Wednesday yet both are left on the bench. Phil comes on and is man of the match. Ferran sits again - you'd think he'd be buzzing after his wonderful goal, way to go building confidence. Explain that to me.

I watched him so closely today and that was possibly the worst individual performance I have seen in the last ten years. It was summed up when he was put through with no defender in front of him, decided to do one of his trademark step overs and took the ball out of play when there were two in the box. I want anyone, absolutely anyone to try and defend that 90 mins performance. Yes Raheem missed some chances but just because another player has a stinker doesn't mean you can excuse that from the Algerian princess.

I have to think maybe Pep is being stubborn but I said 12 months ago this guy is the one who would get many a manager sacked. He is terrible and adds no dynamics to the side, in fact he actually makes others look bad. The quicker he is f***** off the better.

My dislike of Mahrez is very much on the record but to be honest...West Ham play 2 Left Backs in Masuaku and Cresswell, and Ogbonna is a left sided centreback, and Declan Rice is on that side too.

So I'm not really surprised at all that Mahrez did nothing in this game. I don't think anyone would have done much on that side of the pitch. When the formation changed up and we went into a more desperate attack mode he was much more effective and almost won it at the end, which I guess is why he stayed on.

For me the big problem was that Bernardo was playing his usual RW role and standing about 3 yards from Mahrez at all times. This is exactly what happened in the Porto game and it's fucking shite. So why didn't Pep fix it? Why was Bernardo not told to stay central, why was Mahrez not told to go wondering?

Anyway, my heart sinks every time I see him on the lineup, it just immediately saps 70% of my enthusiasm away for any game.
This problem was there in last match as well, unlike in the arsenal game where cancelo played as a right wingback we played with bernando in the middle,in this match he was in that right wingback position with gundogan taking his position, this do not help either bernando or mahrez.
Starting with back 3 didn't help and when we changed after 30 min to back4, but walker was pathetic never attacked the opposite wingback and insisted on playing inside centrally - who would you have centrally walker or bernando.(Walker for all his physicality and last ditch tackles and clearances has never impressed )

IMO playing walker and mahrez in the same wing will never work for us.
This team has a real lack of on the pitch leadership, both in terms of characters and also tactically.(sterling good player but captain !!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.