#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck knows what Pep see's in him that we don't. He's absolute shite
I think he likes the fact Mahrez never gets injured and looks great in training. Reason he never gets injuries is because he can't be arsed doing something as mundane as actually tackling or making a challenge when he's gifted the ball to the opposition.

Having had a little longer to think about todays game I still have the same conclusion that Mahrez was truly awful. Put it this way - we as fans love to see an academy player come through to the first team but if the number 26 today had been a 17/18 year old we would all say "he's never going to make it, best sell him to a championship club or loan him to Gerona."

At the very least if Pep wants to play him and Sterling so often, he needs to switch it up.

Play Sterling RW like the previous seasons and see if he can emulate those performances again where he can cross to create and use speed from behind.

Try Mahrez in the false 9 and instruct him to use his dribbling to create chances, not to shoot, he should only shoot for tap ins.

Thing is I'm not even angry at mahrez anymore. Its like when we continued to play mangala. You get to the point where you are just angry at the manager for picking him and a bit sympathetic towards the player getting picked. He's a floater that can't be flushed. How he thought he could dribble round the player when the ball is on the line to begin with isn't a technical issue, its an intelligence problem. You can't fix that. Hes a fanny and very lazy, unless you can effect his pay, you can't teach that. He's selfish and greedy, he's 30 not 20, that ain't going to change. Can he do marvelous things, yes. The problem is what he does in-between those precious little bits of magic which is a big fat nowt. I'd take demarai grey on a free next season over mahrez anyday. Hes the wingers equivalent of Paul pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.