West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Over the past few seasons, Pep, has had Dom and Arteta as his assistants, always discussing the game on the bench and planning on the next move. Now he looks alone on that bench. The new guy does not seem to say much. I think Pep needs a really good number two. Someone like Vinny would be perfect but not going to happen. I think bringing in a strong number two would help.

2 things stood out for me today - we have some of the worst tacklers in the league, we lose every 50/50. And the other thing is the finishing, oh boy, how bad. Enough chances to win that game easily but Mahrez and Sterling have wasted them all.
Agree about the ability to challenge oh for a fit VK and Zabba again and they cost us next to nothing compared to some very expensive players in this team that cannot graft.

Serious imbalance in the things you need to challenge for a title in this team and Pep has lost his passion for the game.

We are not exciting anymore , no side has any fear when they play us even the bottom half teams.

Definitely on a down hill slide and need 4 -5 class players and perhaps a new manager.

The most annoying thing is even with the injuries we have I still think there is more than enough talent in the squad. The problem is a curious obsession of Pep to not play certain players (especially younger ones) for no particular reason. A team with Bernardo, Foden, Kev, Torres, a 1/2 fit Sergio & Sterling (on the right) should have no problem breaking teams down. Yet inexplicably we never see that combo. Dias has added stability, which was a problem last year.

Call me old fashioned but I thought when you came on, scored a top goal, helped your fullback and scared the opposition to death you at least deserved a shot at starting the next match? Very strange indeed Mr Pep.

Over the past few seasons, Pep, has had Dom and Arteta as his assistants, always discussing the game on the bench and planning on the next move. Now he looks alone on that bench. The new guy does not seem to say much. I think Pep needs a really good number two. Someone like Vinny would be perfect but not going to happen. I think bringing in a strong number two would help.

exactly.

i know there are Covid restrictions but he looks very lonely figure

compare to the West Ham bench with pearce was up and down talking tactics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.