West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Well i really couldn't see City winning today for a couple of reasons, and so it proved .... and frustratingly that's even more points dropped.

Not creating enough chances , not defending well enough, poor final balls , we could go on and on .... you would have thought that once Foden equalised we'd have pushed on , but we never really looked like scoring again in all honesty .... the team, as things currently stand, just isn't good enough, or clinical enough .... already the 'draws' are setting in, instead of the 'wins', and the last away game at Leeds was exactly the same as today .... and this could well turn out to be just another frustrating season.

All the possession in the world means absolutely fuck all if you just don't score winning goals!
I don't know Ancoats - Sterling had two glorious chances, Mahrez was put through and for some odd reason just ran it out for a goal kick, Cancelo just needed to get half a decent touch to a great pass from Gundogan to create a tap-in. We had chances but I do agree with you, we are indicative of Mahrez's stats of less than 30% conversion rate of good chances - that will never be good enough to win any competition. I say it again he is the problem.

Gundogan laid on a fucking pinpoint pass for cancelo to knock across to an unmarked sterling - and what a goal that was......

If Cancelo has half a brain then that's a goal and Gundogan did it all. He's a good player. I'm about to be attacked aren't i.....
Not generally a fan of Gundo and Rodri together. Would like to see Gundo give way to a younger faster player.
Not convinced Rodri is sharp enough for this league either, but with both of them I think it depends on the partnership they are with in midfield.
The two of them together doesn’t work.
However, today Gundo was good. He was pulling the strings but the chances were being wasted.

Give the guy credit when due.

Personally I think that Pep Guardiola is not well and needs a break. He looks tired and even when he smiles it doesn’t reach his eyes. JMHO

Arteta’s departure seemed to affect him more than most are willing to admit. Losing his mother has most likely added a layer of unsettledness off the pitch.

He looks like a man that needs a break from it all. Whether his stubbornness allows him to realize it is anyone’s guess.

I don’t get him.

I get Mahrez has a weak and meek personality and no muscular strength at all, lacks desire and energy. You can understand when Mahrez is shit.

Sterling is confusing. He has good goal stats but when you actually watch him closely he’s actually a technically poor player. He’s got so much wrong with his game it’s ridiculous, yet scores 35 goals in the last 18 months.
Sterling needs space to play, but playing in the middle in tight spaces, controlling the ball on the half turn and passing/dribbling the ball forward,it's not his best quality.

As for mahrez, playing mahrez and walker in the same wing in never going to work offensively.

far to many on here predicting the worst this season (the end is nigh)
ok we are in a bad place at the moment with injuries and we keep dropping points but it will recover and rise again
we just need a bit of luck and something to light the fuse paper and we will be off shining bright again

nobody knows a couple of season like we have had under covid-19 outbreak. its never happened before teams will have to rethink things and base the new season and get going around the 10 to 15 games mark

so city are still a top top team but like the others will drop points early doors. its because the fixtures are piling up
and the better teams have more games to play and internationals games as well. its asking to much of players and something has to give or we will have big trouble and players getting badly injured or burnt out

the players need to get hold of the PFA union and say no more. stop the internationals games or we will not make our self available its daft and just look at the fixture list until Christmas its madness. the teams without midweek european games are starting to look world beaters because the top teams just don't have any sort legs to play or fight at the same level in the premier league

big point today and city down to the bare bones and still giving a midtable team a game. that's the level we are at the moment the bare bones of squad giving west ham a game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.