Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf are we doing with our players? He barely had an injury record for years playing for Bournemouth. He’s been ours for two month and already have two injuries. He barely played for us ffs.
Exactly this.
Our record for managing the fitness/injuries of our players, and their re injury on return is deplorable...see Aguero amongst other examples.
Ake is just another one, never got injured at Bournemouth, we fixed that up.
Yes happened for Holland today but where was his original injury and his rehab.

He had like one injury in his entire football career before joining City, an ever present, Mr. Reliable. A few months in and he’s had two at City already. Of course he has, why wouldn’t he?

One can look at either our training sessions being too demanding, or our fitness staff not really being the best in class. Fact is we didn’t have these number of injuries until former head of physio left us for Liverpool.

I know he wasn’t injured playing for City today, but that’s not the point. If he played for City tonight or the weekend, it would’ve happened anyway.

But as you said, one reason we bought Aké and Dias is because both have been solid for most of their careers, and barely had any injury problems. I just can’t ignore this anymore and blame it on a coincidence. It’s hardly the first time.

Exactly this.
Our record for managing the fitness/injuries of our players, and their re injury on return is deplorable...see Aguero amongst other examples.
Ake was overcoming an injury when he signed for City. This injury had sidelined him for Bournemouth towards the end of last season.

Exactly this.
Or maybe he never played for clubs where training is so intense. Who knows? Everybody was perplexed by the dippers and now they are falling off like flies. Half of the last season there was no proper training, then no pre-season for this season, the number of games, the whole training and post-match recovery process had to be changed and curtailed, the intensity level in the games stayed almost the same, so hey let's be surprised about all these injuries. This was all to be expected unless you are some half-drunk tS pundit-asshole, who thinks a weekly six-digits salary makes it possible to prepare for and play 5 games in 15 days.

One can look at either our training sessions being too demanding, or our fitness staff not really being the best in class. Fact is we didn’t have these number of injuries until former head of physio left us for Liverpool.

I know he wasn’t injured playing for City today, but that’s not the point. If he played for City tonight or the weekend, it would’ve happened anyway.

But as you said, one reason we bought Aké and Dias is because both have been solid for most of their careers, and barely had any injury problems. I just can’t ignore this anymore and blame it on a coincidence. It’s hardly the first time.

Exactly my point.
He's played 3 league games plus one off the bench.
How did we handle Aguero's return ? That went well. Was he injured due to 5 games in 15 days ??

Some people get so defensive when you criticise our medical/physio team. They're not sacrosanct.
Look at our injury record in previous seasons, it's pathetic.

But hey, in Ake's and Aguero's case I guess it's due to their demanding schedule. ;-)

I blame the players or what they’re taught in terms of warming up/prep

Its always been suggested Aguero is not the best trainer, so maybe its just down to preparation and managing your own body and knowing where its limits are.

Lampard and Sterling (for example) barely ever getting injured. Cant really remember Yaya getting injured either in his prime.

On the other hand, Micah Richards seemed to make ridiculously heavy challenges and spanner himself constantly. Laporte also injured himself clattering into someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.