Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC website has headlines that Rashford and Cody were unavailable for next England match. Seems Cody is now an England regular due to his support of Liverpool.
On their report on Scotland winning they have an article about 'Robertson and co' dancing in celebration. It seems he is now saving Scotland.

Things like this might be small but we should ¹ in mind that the two teams in red capturing all the news all the time are waging a dirty war to control football.

'Papers: Man Utd make formal Ronaldo bid'

Fuck me here we go again.

How old is this now, 10 years?
It's just part of Sky TV's false narrative to hype up their product, aided and abetted by the Rags' PR machine. There is a parallel universe inhabited by so-called reporters at Sky and the tabloids where United are not a club with debts of £600m and total liabilities of £1.5bn. A fantasy world where they will apparently pay £108m for Sancho and sell Pogba for £60m. Even United fans don't swallow this shit any more.

It's just part of Sky TV's false narrative to hype up their product, aided and abetted by the Rags' PR machine. There is a parallel universe inhabited by so-called reporters at Sky and the tabloids where United are not a club with debts of £600m and total liabilities of £1.5bn. A fantasy world where they will apparently pay £108m for Sancho and sell Pogba for £60m. Even United fans don't swallow this shit any more.

Are you sure because they are amongst the most stupid and braindead in the world ?

I believe the club pays all it's directly contracted staff the living wage, but it isn't accredited by the Living Wage organisation because 3rd party contractors like Showsec don't pay their employees the living wage.

I feel it is something the club could do if the wanted to.
We've brought this up at City Matters and that largely coincides with what we were told. The club said that they are trying to build living wage requirements into third-party supplier contracts but they can only do that when contracts come up to be renegotiated.

It does suggest that there should be a pragmatic view of Living Wage accreditation so that it's maybe tiered. Silver, if you pay all your directly employed, permanent staff the Living Wage. Gold if you pay it to all your directly employed casual staff and Platinum if all your indirectly employed staff receive it.

That press report annoyed me as they clearly saw it as black and white, whereas it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.