Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

Lord of The Fucking Rings.

So many plot holes where the powers they had meant it could have all been done in 20minutes, but they dragged it out over what seemed like 8 days of bollocks.

And all other such shite, where you need to disconnect your observation and critical thinking abilities.. of which I have many, in order to watch them.

Lord of The Fucking Rings.

So many plot holes where the powers they had meant it could have all been done in 20minutes, but they dragged it out over what seemed like 8 days of bollocks.

And all other such shite, where you need to disconnect your observation and critical thinking abilities.. of which I have many, in order to watch them.

Loved lord of the rings but saw the last hour of the third one last night, must say it wasn’t very good. GOT pisses on it tbh.

Withnail and I, and Blade Runner. For the life of me, I can't fathom out the huge (you could say, "massive") cult following they've got. But hey; different strokes for different folks.

Clockwork Orange is complete and utter garbage..
"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly, thou."
tzvRNLa.gif

Although you could make the same complaint about the last half of GOT too.

I wasn’t that critical of the last couple of series even though the early ones were better, it started to suffer from its popular so people knock it syndrome. But the writing acting and fight scenes are all much better than LOTR especially the last one.

I wasn’t that critical of the last couple of series even though the early ones were better, it started to suffer from its popular so people knock it syndrome. But the writing acting and fight scenes are all much better than LOTR especially the last one.
The last series is literally one of the worst written things I've ever seen tbf, it's not because it got too big and people wanted to knock it. They seemed to forget who all the characters were then write a story that ignored all the character arcs they'd developed over about a decade, it deserved all the abuse it got

The last series is literally one of the worst written things I've ever seen tbf, it's not because it got too big and people wanted to knock it. They seemed to forget who all the characters were then write a story that ignored all the character arcs they'd developed over about a decade, it deserved all the abuse it got

You haven’t seen much then

Oh I dunno, I kinda felt the opposite. I thought a lot of people were willing to forgive the flaws because they'd invested so much time into it (I was one of them). And the final season was really rushed. It really should have gone on for another season, because what should have been a slow descent into madness for me came across as a spur-of-the-moment hissy fit. Jon coming back to life was a problem too, because it then removed all trepidation for his character from that point on. Whenever he was in danger (in the battle scene a few episodes later) you knew he'd survive because they wouldn't bring him back to life just to kill him off in the next few episodes.

For me The Two Towers was by far the best LOTR film.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.