COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are determined to have a Christmas get together no matter what.

I can only hope that it's one of your family or friends that dies rather than someone less selfish than you.
Why not hope that none of them contract it and everyone is fucking healthy.
What a CUNTISH post.

Cases are currently falling, the government has the opportunity to prepare the groundwork for the run up and the christmas week to allow for christmas to be held relatively normally.

If they don't do this then many people will lose their jobs, billions will be lost from the economy however the end result will be that people will ignore the rules anyway and cases will still rise.

They need to facilitate through guidelines and rules how people can mitigate their risk to others. They should stipulate how to mitigate risk through prior self-isolation, place limits on how many households can gather and set the time period to a few days maximum (24th, 25th, 26th).

If cases are low enough then the effect this will have on new cases is irrelevant compared to the risk you currently face by going to work or your kids going to school from now until mid-December.
All well and good, but many will do what they want to irrespectively

I can only hope that it's one of your family or friends that dies rather than someone less selfish than you.

Fuck off. There's hundreds of thousands of non-masking wearing, protesting, non social distancing twats who are top of the list. Wishing death on people who've abided by the rules all the year and want one fucking day with their loved ones because they haven't been allowed because the real cunts haven't fucking behaved all year and taken the piss and happy to let others die for their fucking pint and house party.

It's quotes like this which epitomise my dispair that in daily life, more and more people make extreme off the cuff statements to demonstrate their point, from whichever side of the fence that they're on and not just regarding Covid.

I can completely see both sides of this. Getting together on Christmas day with family will undoubtedly come with its costs. Then again, Christmas isn't as trivial an event as some are playing it down to be. It can be a huge thing for families and surely you can at least sympathise with people who are struggling with everything that's going on and want to be able to experience some sort of normality however short it may be, for possibly the first time since March. I don't know what the rules will be, but regardless I hope that everyone takes as much precautions as they can and if families do decide they want to spend a few hours together then I hope they come through it safely.

The extreme 'this definitely shouldn't be happening' vs 'It definitely should' is tiresome. It's a massive grey area and everyone has to remember that not everyone's lives are lived in the same way as their own.

little bit of a stat to chew over this afternoon;

UK deaths per mill: 795
Brazil deaths per mill: 793

Wales data:

23 deaths and 1048 cases.

3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today

Deaths 21 v 36 v 34 v 23 today. Looks a more promising trend than Scotland here.

Cases 1375 v 1272 v 857 v 1048 today. Falling but stalling and even rising now is the same refrain.

Patients 695 v 914 v 1066 v 1143 today

Ventilators 47 v 60 v 59 v 62 today

Wales is generally in a bigger mess than N Ireland or Scotland and possibly even England right now.

Though the fall in deaths today is encouraging it is still high for a small country.

England hospital deaths not quite as good as yesterday.

346 with 89 from the NW . It was 317 last Thursday so not a big rise week to week but larger day to day when it usually falls Wednesday to Thursday.

The Tue/Wed/Thu total last week for the three mid week/usually the week's biggest days was 978.

This week it is 958 - 20 down week to week. Not an amazing fall. But it IS a fall after it has been rising for some time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.