Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

How often in the title winning seasons did Eddie used to touch the ball every game? It was a lot and not necessarily when we were under pressure. We used to invite teams onto us to press us and then we could try and play through it. Nowadays he hardly touches it and teams let us come at them knowing we won’t break through a low block. Teams aren’t scared of us anymore.

We have pace in the team but it’s useless against a low block and that’s showing with Torres struggling for us and Sterling’s form. Particularly Sterling isn’t good enough in tight spaces and relies on space, which he isn’t getting.

Teams are nullifying us and it’s working. We can’t break them down and we can’t stop their counter attacks. We’re so easy to play against and a lot of teams now rely on counter attacking tactics in general which plays into their hands against us. Leicester do and spanked us. Spurs do and saw us off relatively easily. Liverpool took the piss for half an hour against us.

Pep has steered away from the width we relied on to win the leagues and has converted to inverted wingers who cut inside and stuck with it despite it not really working.

It’s shit to watch, he needs to sort it out and start taking some risks to get us out this slump. We need to change the tactics and sharpish or we’ll be in this rut for a long, long time - and it’s already been months. We need something new and not give teams the chance to so easily predict what they’re coming up against. That works if the tactic is so good it’s unplayable (433 in 17/18 and 18/19 with width) but when it’s not doing anything productive, no chance.

We’ve gone backwards. Simple as that. He needs to change things and show why he was rewarded with an extra 2 years in his contract despite a season and a start of failure so far.

Shite.

Our players are tooo nice and that should stop..

Put some fighters / bad boys there..

Is Grealish fighter ?

When spurs set up 11 at the back I wish Pep would just say to our players just knock it about around our own box. If the home team dont come out what sort of game would that be lol. Easy to do this when there no fans in the ground.
Maureen wouldnt know what to do if we didnt attack them. Plus Pep would be sending out a message come and play !

Jeez there are some entitled people on this thread. Ok it ain’t great just now but there is still time. And let’s face it, it’s an odd season and one for us that is one of rebuilding. We have been a total fantasy team over the last few years. Formidables, quadruple and brilliant team to watch. Absolute dreamland. I remember when dunninho was our player of the season four on the trot as the rest were just abject. Can we just calm down a bit!
We massively underachieved today , we created next to nothing with a squad of very skilful and technical players , venting our frustration is not entitled , it needs discussing and picking the bones out of such a poor performance or what is the point of having a post match forum
The team gets credit when due and criticism when needed , although there are a few drama queens on here that do go over the top , generally we are a sensible bunch and certainly not entitled.

I thought Maureen was done at the Top level.

I am thinking maybe i got that wrong.

This shit continues,The Christmas Tree might last longer than Pep does.

We are regressing at an alarming rate.

Pep body language,and cheesy smiling screams he dosent give a fuck.

And it is trickling down to the team,half of them are on easy street,

Why the fuck did we extend whilst in decline for 18 months.

What is the plan...try and stay in contention.Until 35 year old Messi rocks up to put a smile on Peps face for the next 2 years.

I really don’t look forward to our games we all know how it is going to go, every league game it’s a parked bus and why won’t they opposition park the bus if there 2/3 chances are clear cut Pep need to really think how to set us up now more than ever! Mourinho can’t stand the bloke but he has changed his tactics a tiny bit as in playing out the back or trying they even scored from that tactic but ruled of for offside! Come on Pep change it up you the best manager ever show it!

It’s not bad luck anymore. It happens too often for it to be bad luck

But not gonna panic yet. We’ve had a ridiculously hard first 8 games. Played 5 away and played 3 of the top 4 plus Arsenal and Wolves. All these without a striker on the pitch most of the time

We’ve got Burnley and Fulham both at home in our next 2 games. I’m expecting 2 huge wins, which might get our confidence and self belief back
LOL

Jeez there are some entitled people on this thread. Ok it ain’t great just now but there is still time. And let’s face it, it’s an odd season and one for us that is one of rebuilding. We have been a total fantasy team over the last few years. Formidables, quadruple and brilliant team to watch. Absolute dreamland. I remember when dunninho was our player of the season four on the trot as the rest were just abject. Can we just calm down a bit!
Well said...absolute joke some of the commentary on here similar to sky talking crap about Spurs ...building them up when City played them off the park and got done (alright again) by two through balls....we controlled the game and were unlucky....we will go close to winning both PL and CL this season just a few tweaks here and there...Pep has delivered through City the best football ever seen in this country and he will deliver again ..just get your heads up and have a look ...love this team and manager to bits and proud that they represent my beautiful football club.....cmon city !!

I was seriously expecting a fiery performance today after Pep finally deciding he was up for it. What a fcukin letdown. Ah well, contracts mean fcuk all but at least the extension bought a little stability.

Unless we carry on in this vein...

Hoping there is some sort of mutual consent get out clause or a max 1 year pay out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.