Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Thought we played well first half and created a few chances. Second half was just a bit of a slog. Slow and with little movement.

As good a player as he is, Mahrez just doesn't fit in and makes us worse (not that the introduction of Sterling and Foden improved us). KDB is struggling to create anything and while Bernardo is nice and tidy on the ball, he doesn't look much of a threat these days. I thought Rodrigo played well though.

We really need to sort ourselves out up front because we just aren't scoring much these days. Felt like we were never going to score today no matter how long we played. Guardiola really needs to change something.

Good summary - thanks for leaving out the hysteria

Pretty poor city.no plan b.loads of possession created nothing.mahrez not good enough.doesnt create a thing.bernardo out of position.ederson a liability with a high back line.kyle walker clueless.pep not good enough.his tactics are woeful.spurs just sat back.maybe city being the away team just sit back hit them on the break.we play into everybody’s hands attacking.pep has been worked out by most teams he needs to evolve but sadly maybe too stubborn.no top 4 this year & hopefully pep walks.a contract means nothing
Winning or qualifying for fuck all playing like that, utter shite from start to finish, ah well at least we won the possession trophy. Held my typing/tonguing for too long but watching that with my son was fuckin embarassing. What the fuck has happened to us. Can just about stmach a loss when we go out in a blaze of glory but there's night or scrap to even cheer for.

I remember losing 3-4 to the rags but the way we fought back, and battled, and fought and played them cunts off the field was a joy to behold. I didn't even feel the loss as much as we went out like Spartan warriors. Even the Chelsea fans I was watching with were fucking glowing at our never say die attitude that night. This was the complete opposite of that. Tedious, predictable, pedestrian shite.

We need a rocket or some PEDS soon or it's going to be a long and frustrating season if it's not already one already. Come on CITY for FFS let's get going!!
Real problem with modern football lack of grit

Ederson -- 1 played like a ghost

Walker -- 3 gave ball away and was nowhere to be seen for 2nd goal

Dias & Laporte -- 5 other than 1st goal i thought they were ok

Cancelo -- 5 we still need a LB

Rodri -- 6 did ok

B.Silva -- 4 shit, did nothing

KDB -- 5 below average

Mahrez -- 3 did fuck all

Torres -- 3 ok 20 minutes then didn't notice him

Jesus -- 7 honestly (imo) our best player and worked his bollocks off.

Subs did fuck all either but can't really blame them.

Absolutely shit and proof it's not just Mahrez. Players can have a bad game but whilst Mahrez is around it goes unnoticed.

So frustrating how our goals have dried up.

No reaction at all that second half and that is a worry. We look nothing more than a mid table team at present, and that isn't worthy of Pep getting this new deal

I never thought a manager could piss me off more than Pelligrini when things are going wrong.
When every single fan can see that there needs to be changes and our manager is stood there looking clueless, again.
No idea what he’s playing at, he cries about 5 subs to the press and then doesn’t bother making any, apart from when it’s too late.
We are worlds apart from what we once were.
I’ll be amazed if we get top 4.
All the top half are playing better football, working harder than we are and at the minute better coached than we are.
I was hoping his new contract might have given us a much needed lift, we are shit all over the pitch and he isn’t doing anything to try to change that.
Long season coming up..

We are way too predictable. Everyone in league knows how we will approach the match. This has been going since last season and we are now approaching our full strength squad. Not sure from where change will come

These players aren’t suddenly bad. The system his a massive flaw and it’s finally been acknowledged and now widely exploited. Pep has no answer and only one way to play and has never been a great reactionary manager at the best of times. He’s becoming the Wenger of the 2010’s

Totally predictable as usual against them twats

Domination.. loads of chances missed... fucked over by a wanker of a ref.. concede ridiculous goals

could have written the script

and it will be a bad day for football if that spurs team wins silverware. He’s taken park the bus anti football to a completely new level

Peps post match comments " so so proud of my players, twenty attempts to their three, we try so so hard to score, we need to be cleverer in their box" blah fucking blah
True,his security blanket are his possession stats. Game has changed pep. All this talent we have and we’re not utilising it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.