Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Great post. Replacing Yaya, Vinnie, Zaba, David & Aguero for what they gave us is going to take time. Vinnie is the big loss, he always had a presence and we have lacked that since he left. David this season is a massive loss, he was perfect against sides that parked the bus. I still think Foden is the man for his job, just wish Pep would take the leash off him.

I can still see us getting a top three finish, some time soon it will click again, hopefully at home next week to Burnley it clicks. If we get a early goal there anything could happen.
Totally agree.

Negative goal difference after 8 games and some people kick off at criticism of the manager. 2002 under Keegan was the last time we did that. Even Stuart Pearce had us on positive goal differences after 8 games in each of his seasons. This start to the season has been utterly pathetic and it stems from the manager.

Negative goal difference after 8 games and some people kick off at criticism of the manager. 2002 under Keegan was the last time we did that. Even Stuart Pearce had us on positive goal differences after 8 games in each of his seasons. This start to the season has been utterly pathetic and it stems from the manager.

Also the people in charge of recruitment and squad management.

All the hundreds of millions spent and we're relying on an injured and ageing Aguero to come salvage the season.

fuck pep and his arrogance!!!!!!!
can understand how people are feeling about our performances so far this season but not sure I could ever feel that way about the manager after what we have won over the past few years and the football we have played, I turned off as the final whistle went so don't know how he came accross but we certainly need to improve as the pressure on him is going to if not already be something he has never experienced, a good win midweek then we move on.

We did get 22 shots though, and for many of them I thought we should have passed.
i think all this comes down to the fact that we are mentally and physically knackered with no preseason and no proper summer break. Most teams who finished late that season are currently struggling to find best form, including the machine Bayern
Fair enough up to a point but we don’t always help ourselves. For example, we played full strength in the last CL game when already set fair to win the group (didn’t KDB play the whole game?). We drop or ignore energetic younger players too readily. We use substitutes far too sparingly. Looking ahead, we shouldn’t bust a bollock to retain the Micky Mouse Cup this season.

We also forget that there were no games for a couple of months. OK, not the same as pre-season prep but still a significant physical and psychological break in the otherwise relentless regime.

The number of internationals is just stupid. The authorities should have reduced them in the knowledge that the season would be compressed. Why didn’t clubs kick up more of a fuss? As it is, I expect more and more “injuries“ of the Bryan Riggs variety.

Happy in November. If they don't win the league this season - a season when anyone can win it with Maureen's smash and grab tactics - they won't be happy.

maureen has taken park the bus anti football to new levels. Don’t think that style has ever won the league and never will

it be a bad day for football when that type of football wins silverware

I'll join the happy-clappies and come up with a positive:
That's the first time we haven't missed a penalty in a fixture at the new Shite Hawk Lane.

Happy in November. If they don't win the league this season - a season when anyone can win it with Maureen's smash and grab tactics - they won't be happy.
This. Especially the bit
can understand how people are feeling about our performances so far this season but not sure I could ever feel that way about the manager after what we have won over the past few years and the football we have played, I turned off as the final whistle went so don't know how he came accross but we certainly need to improve as the pressure on him is going to if not already be something he has never experienced, a good win midweek then we move on.
I feel the same way mate. And I have a feeling many thousands more do.

It’s difficult to protect the back line on his own!! He’s alongside Bernardo and KDB, for their quality neither are really renowned for snuffing out attacks!

He obviously lacks the mobility of Fernandinho, but we’re always focusing on what he can’t do, today his strengths looked fairly evident - had the ball under pressure a lot today and very rarely gave it away, was so strong in possession. His passing was intelligent, to say it was always sideways simply isn’t true. Did some good defensive work regaining the ball for us in important areas, won everything aerially.
You have your opinion & I respect it but unfortunately Rodri isnt good enough
A. Under Pressure
B. Cant get back to block
C. Does not show for the ball unless he has 10 yards of freedom
D. Slows play

Now his good points

A. Looks great playing against poor opposition
B. Neat with his short passing when ball at his feet

Thats me now struggling to find anything posditive against top teams

£62m along with Mendy poor signings

He is a positive in this shit attack where we are struggling to be clinical. Says a lot tbh. He makes good runs and all but what is his ultimate purpose in this team?! I respect your view but I don't see him in our rebuild. Won't be heartbroken if we sell him and get a clinical finisher. in & out back up striker
Fair enough, I just think it's too early to give up on him and think we might regret it if we did. I see where you are coming from though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.