Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

11th in the table, 3 wins in 8 games and a minus goal difference tells you they may not be basing this on drama and more on fact.
Like I said a lot of drama queens like yourself. You obviously don’t remember a certain Mr Clarke and a few others of that ilk. That’s when you can be be a drama queen but certainly not now. Very spoilt some of our fans

He inherited from Pellegrini and his best mate a squad with 4 full backs with a combined age approaching 140 and a past-it Yaya, so he gets a pass on that year tbf.
Since then, though, it’s all on him and his best mate. No excuses. Its their squad.
He has been handed perfect conditions that any other coach would dream of. Huge investment and a club he can shape as his own with zero internal pressure.
He can’t take credit for the successes without also taking responsibility for the failures. And for the last 18 months he has failed miserably.
Two legendary seasons but two absolute skip fires. And this one is already heading towards the latter rather than the former.
So I’m genuinely interested how the acolytes can defend this last 18 months
Exactly 2 league titles out of 5, 1 FA Cup, horrendous champions league results( given the squads) and a few league cups is not that great really all things considered.

Great post. Replacing Yaya, Vinnie, Zaba, David & Aguero for what they gave us is going to take time. Vinnie is the big loss, he always had a presence and we have lacked that since he left. David this season is a massive loss, he was perfect against sides that parked the bus. I still think Foden is the man for his job, just wish Pep would take the leash off him.

I can still see us getting a top three finish, some time soon it will click again, hopefully at home next week to Burnley it clicks. If we get a early goal there anything could happen.
If only we had, say, a director of football on £2million a year to plan ahead and identify these problems. And maybe recruit players good enough to replace our ageing legends

I've been critical at times - we all have over the years. We've just had a few years of the greatest football in Prem history - against a background of 16 billionaire/multibillionaire Prem owners. We ain't going to have it all our own way indefinitely. The team in its various incarnations in the last 10 years, has given us more than we dreamed of. Now we ain't winning as often - we're gassed out out having had no break. Hardly a cause to turn on the team and Pep. If that's what floats anyone's boat, so be it. The team that deserves to be slagged off by its fans is the one that spends unreal amounts year in, year out, plays miserable football and wins f*ck all - and plays in red. Slagging our team off in these circumstances makes us all look like a bunch of spoilt twats.

What the hell has it got to do with United? I’m going to concentrate on my team not think about someone else’s.

Since I’m Pep
Can you enlighten me what plan B is I might use it for the next game /)
I remember the dark days when we would have 34 per cent possession and 4 shots to the opponent's 22 and occasionally win 2 - 0 at home with the match reports saying we were lucky. How can we lose when we have 22 shots to Spurs' 4 and totally dominate the possession on their patch ?
I’m well acquainted with those days myself.

The media perception after today’s match will most likely be,
Jose masterclass,
Spurs deserved it,
City a shambles,
can’t defend,
£100m in centre halves.
City can’t score,
Pep can’t coach,
Sterling’s a cheat.
But none of them will say City deserved more or Spurs were lucky.

A stark contrast to the perception that would’ve been spun during the dark days you mentioned in your post. A poor city team in the 90s and 00s would’ve been deemed as lucky with a 2-0 win after being battered.

But today; perception is everything, and it can be spun by enough media shite-hawks regurgitating it on repeat. It’s a fucking tiresome process we have to endure these days mate

Apart from Mahrez being picked and the injuries or lack of match fitness I thought the team picked was as strong a team as we could put on the pitch.

Having said that, every team in every league know our Krytonite.

They know if they sit back and throw 2 lines of 4 tightly together we will struggle to get through there lines. We also allow both fullbacks to venture forward which allow us to get countered with pace. They know if they sit there long enough we will lose possession and they will be able to attack our stretched defense. IMO Kyle Walker must be used to defend and be part of the last line of defense utilising his electric pace, Not as an attacking option which the vast majority of times comes to nothing.

Most importantly we need a defensive coach because we are absolutely fucking dire at defending. I`m of the opinion that who ever we buy in defense we will turn to shit because of our system.

Because we are so frail in defense it means the opponents can afford to sit and wait for the missed pass which lets them in.

Even Port Vale used this ploy against us.

Was furious with pep during that game but it didn’t last long. Footballs all a bit meh this year. I still think we’ve got enough to stay up.
p.s. all those saying they hope we don’t sign Messi because he won’t improve us??? Mmmmm
What was it about last year then ? the mighty centurions is long gone and we like to point out to our neighbours when they talk about there title wins History and the past . We have regressed so much in the last 18 months that’s it’s gonna take a massive attacking rebuild to get us there again which the usual blue tinted glasses brigade will cry bullshit but it’s the truth and pep will now have to earn his money and mantle as the best in the world .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.