Pep's contract situation

Was a very clever move by pep agreeing this two year extension, gives him a nice pay off if he does go during this season, because that's what happens in football, if you leave off your own back you still get paid, only in football does that happen

All I keep hearing from the club and pep is how amazing we were to achieve 198 points over 2 seasons and won the league back to back and the quad.

Amazing performance and it is a stunning achievement.

Today we are crap. The whole club need to stop patting themselves on the back and get the hunger and drive to win again.

We are living on the previous success, going through the motions and as iv said before it feels like the whole team is on a sabbatical.

Why are we taking this approach? Is it CAS, Covid?

Big clubs don’t take breaks. Kam, txiki, Soriano and Pep are the people who need to address this lackadaisical approach.

It’s all feels a bit meh at the moment.

Serious rut has started. Pep in the past would not have tolerated FFS or Rodders. Maybe he is questioning his own role in buying these players and not being able to get them to perform. It’s ok tho as we can still hide behind those 2 wonderful years.

Breaking down parked bus will not happen until Pep makes sure we can play much quicker in attacks.
We have 20 shots per game, but about 10-12 of those are off target and blocked shots meaning they would not be a goal even on an empty net.
And the ones that are on target are just mostly exactly going where GK is, easy saves etc...
On top of this we sometimes miss incredible easy chances and penalties...

I wonder if we are working on these things in trainings.

We have played some wonderful football under Pep, but staying till 2023 isn't enough. Managers are either sacked retire, or move for a much better job. This is not the vibe I'm feeling. With Peps mum dying I could understand him jacking it in he hasn't. But a 2 year extension when we are shambles I think we could do with staying 5 more years not 3 at the very least. Whoever comes after him we mus abandon this expensive and flawed idea that we can change the manager without a problem.
Pellers was on a hiding to nothing a true gent.Hughes should have flirted on day one and Bobby should have been backed and not undermined by the wage thief's at our club.

Pep is one of the longest serving managers in the league and if he completes his contract only one manager since the war will have been at the club longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.