Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

We couldn't break Spurs down, in my opinion it was a bad team selection by Pep we should have played Foden and Sterling instead of Mahrez and Silva who are both completely out of form.
We actually need to get rid of Mahrez imo.
He's friggin hopeless.
Make those changes and we win.
Why did he drop Foden FFS ?

Excellent post. If the humble fan can see this why can't Pep. Teams know that we can't score whilst we are messing about passing the ball aimlessly across our 18 yard box. They also know if they force us wide we haven't got an aerial threat for balls into the box, and inverted wingers gives the defence time to get back in numbers. 3 or 4 times yesterday Mahrez cut inside and tried to whip a cross in to Torres who's a midget. Our play is broken at the minute. Until something changes we could find ourselves in for a long hard season.

Torres is 1.84m ie 6ft..hardly a midget mate..
Hopefully Pep might realise that Mahrez offers fuck all and for all the skill he has he has no desire to win tackles or track back.
I'm not putting the defeat on Mahrez but we effectively play with 10 men when he's in the team.
Kev looks like he needs a rest, I would leave him out of Wed's game and play Phil.
I'm a bit like Kev and I don't know the rules on handball anymore... It seems like they change it all the time and always to our detriment.
Win our next 2 league games and then hopefully Pep will set up a bit differently for the rags game and we can get a morale booster.

The entire team aren't all suddenly shit players, something is very wrong at city and it feels like it began when Mikel left and the rest of our spine.

Bernardo has fell off a cliff, Kev looks fucked and keeps forcing things. Ederson keeps misjudging any through ball. Sterling has gone from a world beater to an egg beater.

I actually thought Rodri played well yesterday.

I personally don't see it turning around any time soon this is 2 years of slow decline from our peak and we are a shadow of ourselves.

2 years ago we would have gone to Leeds away and put 5 past them.

We have been crying out for a left back for 4 years now and spurs picked Reguilon up cheap without so much as a sniff from us.

I've banged the transitional phase drum for ages but we should still be doing better than we are. I do firmly consider the players a bigger issue than the manager and it does look like a bigger shake-up of playing staff than we have had is required.

The best shake-up we could have for this season would be to pull off the coup of getting Messi in January - I won't stick me head in a bucket of water to await that happening. Of course that could be a spectacular flop if it happened but the reverse is more likely: one spark could start a fire.
No, no. Another chequebook solution that moves us towards a footballing Hollywood.

I believe those taking issue with Ederson are plain wrong. He's had great success at coming out to deal with attackers who have breached our defensive line. It's inevitable that it's not always going to work but I'd rather he keeps on doing it than surrender the initiative to the attacker.

Garry Neville was making a big deal of his performance when he knows fuck all about goal keeping. He was still banging on about De Gea being the best in the world when Ederson and Allison had long since taken the art of goal keeping to another level in the Premier League.

We couldn't break Spurs down, in my opinion it was a bad team selection by Pep we should have played Foden and Sterling instead of Mahrez and Silva who are both completely out of form.
We actually need to get rid of Mahrez imo.
He's friggin hopeless.
Make those changes and we win.
Why did he drop Foden FFS ?
agree on this but Im not sure Sterlig was 100% fit so it may have forced Pep's hand slightly

Completely agree on Mahrez - I want him gone asap

The entire team aren't all suddenly shit players, something is very wrong at city and it feels like it began when Mikel left and the rest of our spine.

Bernardo has fell off a cliff, Kev looks fucked and keeps forcing things. Ederson keeps misjudging any through ball. Sterling has gone from a world beater to an egg beater.

I actually thought Rodri played well yesterday.

I personally don't see it turning around any time soon this is 2 years of slow decline from our peak and we are a shadow of ourselves.

2 years ago we would have gone to Leeds away and put 5 past them.

We have been crying out for a left back for 4 years now and spurs picked Reguilon up cheap without so much as a sniff from us.
Losing my Reguilon was a mistake on yesterdays showing
HZhdeZvXpVvNVxL8bmsU5LaPiFcRpkTF777kEGrYffhZ2uoHZyeQd7aciHOLs5fnR8jMtldlD8CloyK6ZNSwxtgIIXrlL-VbGYgODerDXRZScQ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.