Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Rodri, Laporte, Cancelo and Ederson could all have done better.
If you’re always looking to blame Rodri for something, you will find something. There was nothing he could do in this instance, with Bernardo pressing him Not quite effectively enough why does Rodri get blamed ?

Every single stat is heavily in our favour (ten corners to their zero, five shots on target to their two, to mention just those!), except the crucial one, the only one that counts. Who puts the ball in the back of the net. This is not the first time this has happened. It has happened regularly over the last sixteen months. You can search around, you won't find one other club in the PL that that is true of. And I strongly doubt that you'll find it in Europe (although I'm on shakier ground there). What do we learn from that? That we have to change the way we play, at least in certain matches. Over to you, Pep. You're the man that gets paid for thinking, and you're the man who's just renewed his contract (something which I'm mightily glad about, lest there be any ambiguity). Rethink it, man, because the writing's on the wall — lesser teams than ours in terms of raw talent have got us sussed.

Last edited:
Rodri, Laporte, Cancelo and Ederson could all have done better.
thing is for a goal to be scored 99 times out of a 100 the defending team needs to make a mistake, perhaps we are blaming our players to much when in fact it was a clever run by Keane who took both our CB backs out of play. So yes they made a mistake but it was a clever run that made them make the mistake.

How many times in the past have City ripped a team apart only for us to complain that all the press do is talk about how bad the other team was and not how good City were ?

Spurs had a plan stuck to it and force City into making mistakes, by playing well.

I agree. However it's more than just Mahrez. We're not just one player short. Mahrez has always been that little bit unconvincing. He's playing exactly the same way for us he always has.

The truth is worse. There's nothing inside and that's why Mahrez's lack of directness stands out more to you now. I agree. He needs to drop but so does KDB.

This group is finished I am afraid unless Pep makes some big decisions.
The most frustrating thing for me yesterday & in other games too is that you could see what was going to happen after 20 mins yet nothing was done to change it.
Pep is one of the best managers to have ever lived.
If Working stuffs like us can see that wtf cant he?
Everyone has flaws, its human nature.
Peps is his stubbornness.
Like some of have suggested a better number 2 is needed to give him some guidance & a different point if view maybe?

Because we play football

Would you really want what you are suggesting
It's working for spurs...

Would you rather us continue to play possession based aimless passing and fight for top 6 or more direct and be in the hunt for the title?

"Football" is evolving. And at the minute we are getting left behind.

Moureen has made a career out of sitting back, and telling his players to use the dark arts. Pep isn't going to ruin his reputation doing that he has more class.
But perhaps you and he might see there’s plenty of ground between those two extremes?

Our beautiful football is metamorphosing all too often into fruitless possession. Neither effective nor particularly aesthetic.

Every single PL manager - Noddy and all - seems to know how to beat us. Luckily, a number of them still don‘t possess the resources to convert that knowledge into points.

Painful to watch the game again but having done that it is clear to see we have a couple of glaring issues.

When Pep first put his stamp on our play every single player looked fluid and the constant movement and pressing from every player allowed the creative ones to have extra time and space. We now look flat footed and slow.

Confidence, particularly in attack, is a fickle thing and there are a few who suddenly seem not able to play without the brakes on. I don't know if it's because Pep is telling them to be more cautious or once on the pitch we haven't got the characters to lift the team when something goes wrong.

We have some exceptional young players and it's the time for Pep to trust them more. Torres and Foden are the future and we have to let them grow into the potential superstars they are. I can get fully behind that. Watching FFS suck the life out of our attack is something however I don't want to see anymore. Stick to the current way we play and you will see the likes of Kev get knackered and injured as he strives to fill the work of others. It will be interesting to see how we react and particularly how Pep reacts with his selections, dropping Mahrez would tell us a lot about his desire to put it right quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.