Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank fuck we have pulled the plug.

Stunk of an expensive short term solution,to our long term problems.

We need 2 World class strikers.And a World class holding midfielder.

Hope Pep dosent lose his shit.

Messi pursuit might have been part the reason behind Pep signing the extension.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Going off the report/claim made earlier by the Sky Sports La Liga presenter. Plenty of other sources have mentioned the fact the deal is still on following Pep's contract renewal so depends who you believe. Or who you want to believe.

Personally, I want to believe he's coming so will go with the latter.

I've just read her quotes too, she's mentioning we won't go for him because his wages are too high coupled with his age - even if we could get him for free next Summer. We must've known about his wages in the window just gone but were still keen (supposedly) to have him if he was allowed to leave for free.

Likewise with his age, after he revealed he was staying sources still came out and said we'd left the door open for Jan/Summer 2021 so not 100% sure what to make of the report.

If anything, hopefully it pushes other sources to come out and either rubbish the information of back it up - that'll then give us more of an insight.

Seems people are mistaking a player who is deeply unhappy with a player who's deteriorated.
Sometimes, regardless of what walk of life it involves, a change of scenery is all it takes to invigorate yourself.
I've no doubts at all if he joined us we would see a completely different Messi to the one who's stuck at Barcelona right now.
You've hit the nail on the head there Pablo1. Completely agree. He will be highly motivated if the move happens.

I’ve always liked Leon Bailey. He’s a good friend of Sterling as well. 4 goals and 4 assists in 10 games so far this season. Quick, skillful, left footed and can play on both sides. I would replace him with Mahrez any day of the week. Torres on the left, Sterling on the right and Bailey being a backup who can play on both sides. Palmer could also do a job of course

Mahrez, Dinho (contract expiring) and Mendy to be replaced with Bailey, Theo Hernandez and one of D.Luiz/Zakaria/Bennacer would be my ideal summer window
Why can’t we sign players such as mbappe haaland sancho etc ? We have the means to do it our infrastructure is solid and we regularly play at the top so what are we missing apart from history? Time to go back and make a massive signing of intent because we are starting to look like a second tier European team .this is why the champions league win is so important.

Thank fuck we have pulled the plug.

Stunk of an expensive short term solution,to our long term problems.

We need 2 World class strikers.And a World class holding midfielder.

Hope Pep dosent lose his shit.

Messi pursuit might have been part the reason behind Pep signing the extension.

Just my opinion.
And we would pull the plug a few days after he signs? I think not.

And we would pull the plug a few days after he signs? I think not.
i agree with you, makes no sense.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see us throw £50,000 000 at Barcelona for Messi in January.

The way we slavishly pursued him in the transfer window.

I hope not,mind you.

i can not help thinking this still has potential.

Why can’t we sign players such as mbappe haaland sancho etc ? We have the means to do it our infrastructure is solid and we regularly play at the top so what are we missing apart from history? Time to go back and make a massive signing of intent because we are starting to look like a second tier European team .this is why the champions league win is so important.
Mbappe turned us down, Haaland is represented by Raiola and we don’t seem to be interested in Sancho. Personally I think he’s massively overrated. He gets so much space to run into and he never turns up against Bayern or in CL games. Our transfer model just seem to prefer getting slightly lower profile younger players in stead of Galactico signings

i agree with you, makes no sense.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see us throw £50,000 000 at Barcelona for Messi in January.

The way we slavishly pursued him in the transfer window.

I hope not,mind you.

i can not help thinking this still has potential.
I agree. This is not over by a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.