Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Its not gone yet but our first 8 efforts this season have to put it bluntly but accurately been well below the standard supporters expect , the owners expect and I trust the players and management expect.

i don't care about the media good , bad and indifferent mainly bad.

Liverpool once again showed with a understrength side how to combat a side that scored 5 on our patch and have bounced back from the Villa defeat as if it didn't happen extending their unbeaten home record to 64 matches.

So we are 12th 3 points ahead of Brighton who are 16th,

Totally unacceptable placed last of the so called big 6 going into the season as favourites to win the title.

Clearly the players are not capable presently or are not buying into the tactics and match day game plan Pep is demanding of them.

these results are akin to the results that Mark Hughes had before he was sacked in his second year in charge in December.
Our title challenge is OVER, there are many teams far better than us, trying to get 4th will take a huge effort from everyone at the club.

Tittle hasn't gone Correct. But pep has to change his style a little. We have to score a lot of goals and win some 8-9 straight games from now if we want to win.

Edit: as we know man utd are going to sit back as spurs and hit on counter. I very much hope pep wins that game.
Imagine the post-match thread if Noddy turns him over again.

While the title is technically not gone, it just feels like we are not in the run this year. We feel like a Spurs/ Arsenal team from the last for season.

Sure, they could compete against those who were going to win the title on their good day, but they weren't REALLY in the hunt :(

That's what it feels like watching us :(

Its not gone yet but our first 8 efforts this season have to put it bluntly but accurately been well below the standard supporters expect , the owners expect and I trust the players and management expect.

i don't care about the media good , bad and indifferent mainly bad.

Liverpool once again showed with a understrength side how to combat a side that scored 5 on our patch and have bounced back from the Villa defeat as if it didn't happen extending their unbeaten home record to 64 matches.

So we are 12th 3 points ahead of Brighton who are 16th,

Totally unacceptable placed last of the so called big 6 going into the season as favourites to win the title.

Clearly the players are not capable presently or are not buying into the tactics and match day game plan Pep is demanding of them.

these results are akin to the results that Mark Hughes had before he was sacked in his second year in charge in December.
I am more concerned that this slump started after the b2b titles, and if we start getting brutally honest...it has gradually got worse

Throw in the occasional decent game but that is about it.

The players look like they have just been put together, their is a total lack of chemistry all over the pitch where some players who should know each others game inside out, considering the length of time they have been together, are not linking up well at all

It’s astonishing that some people think the title is a possibility. The real question is whether we’re good enough for the top 4. We are pretty much at the same level as the rags, scrapping for the European spots. It isn’t just a bad patch, it’s been declining to this point for almost 18 months. This is our level.

I wonder what would have happened if we had just sat back a bit against Spurs. We fell right into their trap. They only had two shots and both were Ederson mistakes in my view.

We should have just knocked it about on the edge of the box to force spurs out. If spurs didn't come out it would have been boring watch us play on the edge of our box. As the home team it would have been down to them to come onto us.
Once spurs come out we have room to play.
If spurs didnt come out than I dont know what would happen, a game with no shots, no corners, no fouls etc. Perhaps we need to do this to prove a point. Spurs were shit scared to go toe to toe with an out of form City, doesnt say much about spurs mind set. Yes they won but set up like a second division team.

In stead we played straight onto maureen hands. We have to stop falling into the same trap ever game. We should sit deep force the other team to play. Our games are getting boring with most teams parking the bus against us.

It’s astonishing that some people think the title is a possibility. The real question is whether we’re good enough for the top 4. We are pretty much at the same level as the rags, scrapping for the European spots. It isn’t just a bad patch, it’s been declining to this point for almost 18 months. This is our level.

Some people are gonna hate this post - but to them I'd say, prove him wrong.

We're inconsistent at the very least - certainly this season, and I've been a half glass full, we haven't had a preseason kinda guy up until now, but only in Europe have looked anything like our usual selves.

As I said earlier in this thread though, we know that the Champions League is the only competition that matters, we've been told that enough times over the past 8 years so this season is actually going swimmingly and don't let anyone tell you differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.