Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

So there's the review from weekend game And Carragher called it 'street wise' from HK, Well i was talking to a mate prior to game and called it. HK gonna do the same, draw fouls like all mourinhos teams have done in the past.

He did that at Chelsea. Rewind back to Drogba, it was the same. Would draw fouls to break up play and score from set pieces.

Mourinho tried at United but Lukaku was shite, would fall even when the ball wasn't near him.

Unfort Pep was clueless to see this game plan.

Don't think its fear anymore. They just see how other side's beat us and copy their tactics.
A lot of teams used to be beaten before the game started that's no longer the case.

What the same tactics that 99% of teams have done for 3 seasons nowt changed only that we ain’t scoring that will come in our next 7 premier games where we will win them.

So there's the review from weekend game And Carragher called it 'street wise' from HK, Well i was talking to a mate prior to game and called it. HK gonna do the same, draw fouls like all mourinhos teams have done in the past.

He did that at Chelsea. Rewind back to Drogba, it was the same. Would draw fouls to break up play and score from set pieces.

Mourinho tried at United but Lukaku was shite, would fall even when the ball wasn't near him.

Unfort Pep was clueless to see this game plan.

I was watching that and fuming. Carragher and Howe both chuckling at Kane basically cheating. If it would have been one of our players the tone would have been very different and they would have said, " It's outrageously he does it every game! How are the refs not seeing it??? It's tactical fouling and cheating and should be stamped out." Those quotes would have been headlines on every tabloid back page and then discussed to death on every football programme until it was, "The dark arts at work, City cheating their way to the title" or other such bollocks. The double standards really wind me up.

As for Pep he has to come up with something new. We had two great seasons using these tactics but they've now been sussed. We lost nine games in the league last season and have already lost two this one and it will easily be nine again if we carry on regardless. I watched Liverpool absolutely bully and destroy a Leicester side that thrashed us 5-2 and they looked miles ahead of us. Fast direct play, pressing, aggression, quick one two's, balls whipped into the box, injuries or not I see them strolling to the title again, depressingly.

Think we should have a Pep in or out poll, could be closer than we think

I'd like a Pep in, Pep out poll where you can't change your answer. Would be good to get the Pep Out brigade on record.

Don't think the mods would go for it though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.