Olympiacos (A) - CL | Pre-Match Thread

Olympiacos (A) Prediction

• Win

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start....... using ellipses...... after every sentence..... in order to pretend.... that my bad opinion..... holds some weight.............

Strange how other people seem to agree..........anything else you are not happy with...????...lie on the couch...tell us your thoughts.....

I'd love to see a team like this -

Ederson

Mendy
Laporte
Stones
Cancelo

Gundogan
Bernardo
Foden

Sterling
Jesus
Torres

With a couple of kids on the bench like Palmer or Doyle - 5 subs in Europe means that should be guaranteed anyway.
That is what I am hoping for, as well.

I rate Rodri, unlike many, so wouldn’t mind him being in rather than Gundogan, but I imagine he will be rested, and I don’t mind that. My focus is mostly on Foden-Bernardo and Sterling-Jesus-Torres, as those combinations consistently working well will have a big impact on our league prospects (reducing the pressure on KDB and Sergio, when he is fit, to play whenever available and carry us through matches). And Pep needs to move past Mahrez for now, of course.

Edit: Saw your and @FantasyIreland’s discussion regarding Doyle. I would also love to see him in but agree with your reasoning as to why that would probably be counterproductive for the team and for Doyle (we do want to continue to ease him in and not put him in positions that could discourage his progress). I’d obviously like to see Palmer get a run out later if we are in the position to give it to him. I really do think he has a bright future, if not with us, definitely at the top level (though, I obviously hope with us).

Oh ffs why is everybody moaning abouit Mahrez ??

Its not personal he just saps away all the anticipation and enjoyment from watching City play when I see him on the team sheet.

I immediately know what I'm going to see from that point 1 hour before the game. Slow, predictable football with him constantly checking back on the inside, killing attacks with his refusal to make selfless runs to pull defenders around, no aggressive press, no urgency. Stepovers, stepovers, shooting into the side netting, other players throwing their hands up because he did something stupidly selfish.

He single-handedly makes games unenjoyable to watch from an entertainment standpoint and it takes a lot from the other 10 to overcome that.

His fanatical fans will refuse to accept he's been anything other than brilliant and possibly worst of all is when, after fucking up a dozen good chances, he'll score and people will pretend he was excellent.

Other than that, no complaints.

Its not personal he just saps away all the anticipation and enjoyment from watching City play when I see him on the team sheet.

I immediately know what I'm going to see from that point 1 hour before the game. Slow, predictable football with him constantly checking back on the inside, killing attacks with his refusal to make selfless runs to pull defenders around, no aggressive press, no urgency. Stepovers, stepovers, shooting into the side netting, other players throwing their hands up because he did something stupidly selfish.

He single-handedly makes games unenjoyable to watch from an entertainment standpoint and it takes a lot from the other 10 to overcome that.

His fanatical fans will refuse to accept he's been anything other than brilliant and possibly worst of all is when, after fucking up a dozen good chances, he'll score and people will pretend he was excellent.

Other than that, no complaints.

I so wish I could say this without being literally hounded, accused of being racist and having 100s of fanboys constantly reporting me to try and get my twitter account deactivated.

Looking forward to this game - don’t have the usual angst - looking forward to minutes for (hopefully!) Stones, Mandy, Aguero, Palmer, Doyle and maybe Steffen?

I so wish I could say this without being literally hounded, accused of being racist and having 100s of fanboys constantly reporting me to try and get my twitter account deactivated.
You need to ask Nicola to stop posting from all of her burner accounts, mate! Job’s good’un. ;-)

Jokes aside, many of us have and will continue to defend you on Twitter when that happens, including ensuring certain abusive accounts are suspended, so I would encourage you not to censor yourself too much. Anyone with half of a brain understands that your criticism is subjective assessment of his performances and contributions to the team not racist diatribe; and those that don’t will think anything other than veneration is just racist abuse, which is not worth the effort to combat.

no idea what the starting lineup will be. I suspect it will be Gundogan , Eddie and nine others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.