Diego Maradona

I've always loved the similarity of these 2 goals, especially as it was at the peak of the hysteria about Messi maybe being the new Maradona, before he really stood out on his own. He's 21 here, and I remember a spanish paper dissecting it and counting that they'd taken the exact same number of touches, they'd started x metres apart, had gone at y mph when running.

If you are a genius you dont need to cheat or take drugs to play ?
If you are a genius you dont need to cheat or take drugs to play ?
Really surprised at your response, Ill informed reply , could be straight out of the Mail or Telegraph. As with a huge number of geniuses the pressure and expectations lead them down dark paths . Watch a couple of the documentaries about him and see the pressure he was constantly under , talent wise he was from a different planet .

This is exactly why I loved him, the best football player I've ever seen with almost God-given talent, fallible in so many ways but still immensely charismatics, but most of all because he had cojones to kick shit out of these Bilbao butchers in 1984, who almost ended his career. After this he had to be shipped out of Spain, because Goikotxea and co would probably murder him in the next match. RIP comrade!

Only new when I just put the city game on and they said there was going to be Minutes silence for one of the he greats my first thought was Pele when they said Maradona it was a shock.

The greatest ever player for me and 86 he had me mesmerised.

This is sad news today, despite his flaws. I think when he was kicked out of the 94 World Cup the drugs were to get his weight down, not improve his performance - he didn't need anything for that....

P.S. Imagine the statistics he would have had if VAR was around back then.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.