COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, wasn't suggesting that you in any way have it easy down there. It's obviously been incredibly tough for everyone. Just frustrating that we're going into Tier 3 when, as @Healdplace points out, our cases are falling, as are hospital numbers and those on ventilators. Feels like the government are more reticent to impose restrictions on the south, but that's probably just my inherent northern bias!

No need to apologise at all. I am sorry for sounding defensive. It was not my intention.

Manchester is close to my heart. Now more so that I am not there. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. I am devastated at what has happened to my home town because of the suffering health wise and financially for all. The sooner things improve in Manchester the better from my perspective.

I believe the government has a Southern bias, in general. Not so sure when it comes to Covid19.

And if anyone here has a northern bias it is me. It's a touchy subject between my friends and colleagues down here.

It is shit for everyone. To be honest., for lots of us down here, it will be very similar to Tier 3. I just cannot wait for this massive shit show to be over and done with.

Why did Liverpool go into tier 3 so quickly? Did they think health over wealth? Personally I would rather be well and skint than wealthy and dead but that's just my opinion. Burnham had done fuck all for the region before the pandemic and he has done fuck all since. How he ever got elected is beyond me as he is nothing but a failed career politician with a huge ego
Yes because asking for a fair deal for those worst off wasn't correct? This from a government spending £12bn on a failed test and trace system (previously described as our way out of this) who u turned as soon as London was involved back up to 80%.

Health over wealth? Easy to be healthy isn't it when on 67% of minimum wage for weeks on end and facing long term misery from redundancy. Do me a favour.

Health over wealth? Deary me. As if people losing their jobs would've been good for their health.
As if dying is less important. No job and alive or dead but I had a job, I know which I would choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.