COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tier 3, eh? Shocked, I am!

I put my business into creditors voluntary liquidation this week after almost 29 years - I'll pay nearly £5k for the privilege too.

I've fought like fuck for months but sometimes you have to do it for the good of your health and sanity.

I'm just a one-man director band, christ knows what Manchester and its surroundings are gonna look like four months from now.

As long as London is okay though!
Sorry to hear , these fuckers in power don’t give a shit about the North , as you say it’s London that counts .

Sorry, wasn't suggesting that you in any way have it easy down there. It's obviously been incredibly tough for everyone. Just frustrating that we're going into Tier 3 when, as @Healdplace points out, our cases are falling, as are hospital numbers and those on ventilators. Feels like the government are more reticent to impose restrictions on the south, but that's probably just my inherent northern bias!

Don't apologise, Manchester has been under restrictions since September. London has only recently been impacted by the tier system.

Imagine being this critical of someone desperate to help his own people while turning a blind eye to the corrupt, uncaring and hate stirring government we have in office.

It’s a bit like watching Star Wars and thinking Obi Wan is a cock for putting his nose in the Empire’s business. As for that social justice wanker Luke Skywalker...!
So please list his major achievements during his time as Mayor.

It's quite incredible how adept this government are at making us feel all incredibly separated and divided. Just making everyone angry and spiteful. Nice work lads. Even if they think they're the right calls, they're hopeless at delivering them. Never any good, honest vocal reasoning.

The division is deliberate, not accidental.

Step back and look at why we're in this mess yet again:

Cases were rising through August and September. The govt ignored scientific advice and actively encouraged more mixing through "eat out to help out", and the short lived push to "stop skiving and save Pret".

Cases then really started to accelerate, and the govt again ignored advice and instituted the tier system when advice was earlier to put in place national restrictions. The tier system was so obviously too weak that Whitty openly said at the press conference it was announced that it wouldn't work!

It duly didn't work, and we ended up with the fiasco of different versions of tier 3 in different places, and no money to properly implement until the national lock down #2 was instituted.

The lock down, of course, is supposed to give time and reduce cases to a level where track and trace, an utter disgrace, can have an impact so other restrictions don't need to be so severe. Nothing has happened, other than a high profile mass testing programme which scientifically speaking appears rather dubious.

All of this, of course after we suffered the worst wave one in the entire world as a direct result of the govt dithering over lockdown #1

So what now? Given this catastrophic failure of government the obvious thing to do is get all of us blaming each other to take attention away from the real issues. Hence the talking up of Liverpool and briefing against Burnham.

It's very, very obvious and if you read this thread, you'll see how effective it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.