Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

I`ve seen some poor displays by individuals but never ever in watching the Blues for 57 years have I seen a worse one than Zini.
Talk about shit ... he was worse than that, and Sterling wasn`t too far behind him.
Nah, I've seen quite a lot worse.

I just feel it is getting to a point where we should not have to break down our opponents but I don’t think pep thinks like that. What we are doing is clearly not working, we cannot break down every opposition
We can get easier opportunities on transitions. If we try breaking down opposition for like 30 minutes and it is not working, feel like we should just give them the ball and wait for transitions. Opponents are not pressing us at the back at all, they just stay disciplined in their low block. We have to find a way to get transitions or quick attacks.
Pep is a stubborn man that believes in his way. I still trust him but our opponents are not changing anything so it is up to us to change something. Opponents are not trying to get the ball from us, they are waiting for their one opportunity that they would get.
Porto don’t have a good attack so they didn’t threaten us, but we would play other teams that we can’t break down and would have good counter.
We pump a lot of high balls in the hope that something will happen but we definitely need a big centre forward who can head it like Dzeko.
In our 2 recent European games we had 43 attempts on goal and scored one.
It's frustrating that Pep has sorted out the defence and now the attack isn't working well.

We pump a lot of high balls in the hope that something will happen but we definitely need a big centre forward who can head it like Dzeko.
It's frustrating that Pep has sorted out the defence and now the attack isn't working well.
But it would still be tough, Dzeko vs 3 center backs and other helping defenders. It would work sometimes but that has to be option 2 though, that we sub a tall striker in like 70th minute. But we have to figure out another strategy for the other parts of the match to create better opportunities

You mean a Toshack & Keegan combination? Worked for L'pool but Guardiola has never set up his teams that way.

Ha, thanks, mate.

To be clear, I am only talking about that ****ish club — the city is actually quite lovely! ;-)
I couldn't agree more; I love Oporto! Arguably the most underrated city I've ever been to (less well known to Yanks than to Brits, I'd wager). I was going to post this earlier (before my dog interrupted me) -- is there a more likeable city in Europe with a less likeable club?

Awful spectacle.

The main positive being we can now surely play the kids in the final game.

Zinchenko is a shocker,the ref was/is a **** and Foden was MOTM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.