Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Not going through all the posts but in summary:

1. They were fucking shite and had no intention of trying to win the game.
2. At what point in the game did the ref lose his yellow card.
3. Fat Helen and her bell would make a better left back than what we have to choose from.
4. Annoyingly the disallowed goal was correct.
5. How the fuck was that not a penalty on Sterling in the first half.
6. Sterling's confidence, what bit he had, is shot.
7. Give Pep 3 subs, he makes 2. Give him 5 he makes one!
8. Apart from a few glimpses from Silva, he's not good enough on current form to be in the team.
9. Still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo from half a yard.

Had Porto promised a hefty bonus to anyone who could injure one of our players?
Felt like it at times.

Not going through all the posts but in summary:

1. They were fucking shite and had no intention of trying to win the game.
2. At what point in the game did the ref lose his yellow card.
3. Fat Helen and her bell would make a better left back than what we have to choose from.
4. Annoyingly the disallowed goal was correct.
5. How the fuck was that not a penalty on Sterling in the first half.
6. Sterling's confidence, what bit he had, is shot.
7. Give Pep 3 subs, he makes 2. Give him 5 he makes one!
8. Apart from a few glimpses from Silva, he's not good enough on current form to be in the team.
9. Still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo from half a yard.
You were doing alright until you got to 7 and 8

No team in the history of ever has solved the bus parking. There's too many players in the box to make it viable. Your best bets are to have a solid defence, play your normal game and then hope your attackers have a good day. Or get lucky.

They had 6 across the 18yd line at times, and the other 4 outfield players 10ft in front of them. Only pinpoint accurate or high risk passes can overcome such tight defending.

They had 6 across the 18yd line at times, and the other 4 outfield players 10ft in front of them. Only pinpoint accurate or high risk passes can overcome such tight defending.
As I stated in the rest of that post, we had about 8 or 9 excellent opportunities to score. The vast majority undone by errant touches and finishing, or excellent keeping. So whether it was down to pinpoint accurate or high risk passes or something else, we made it work.

I think that disallowed 'goals' should be counted as goals in this stat.
I mean they aren't exactly misses or saved!
They're probably noted as shots on target, but they still ain't goals. By that logic we won tonight. We had the 4th worst conversion rate in the league after the spurs game with a touch over 5%. Those aren't stats that will win the league or europe unless we become more clinical, and quickly.

Last edited:
As I stated in the rest of that post, we had about 8 or 9 excellent opportunities to score. The vast majority undone by errant touches and finishing, or excellent keeping. So whether it was down to pinpoint accurate or high risk passes or something else, we made it work.
We got lucky with the bounce of the ball a couple of times, but couldn't take advantage. Keeper had a good game to be fair. Got them out of trouble on a number of occasions.

Good training session for the boys.

My only concern was our predictability in the final 3rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.