Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

I couldn't agree more; I love Oporto! Arguably the most underrated city I've ever been to (less well known to Yanks than to Brits, I'd wager). I was going to post this earlier (before my dog interrupted me) -- is there a more likeable city in Europe with a less likeable club?
On second thoughts, Manchester.

Decent performance but still lacking threat up front. People give Mendy shit but at least he offers something. Zinchenko gets the ball in space, looks up, feints to play the forward pass and then nonchalantly passes it backwards.
What Zinchenko does worked when Dave played in front of him. Now he is just pointless

We pump a lot of high balls in the hope that something will happen but we definitely need a big centre forward who can head it like Dzeko.
In our 2 recent European games we had 43 attempts on goal and scored one.
It's frustrating that Pep has sorted out the defence and now the attack isn't working well.
How about Delap?

Job done but typical CL Officiating. Non penalty (we really need to appeal much louder and better) and how they only had 1 booking is laughable. Pathetic officiating as per usual, seems their manager moaning got to him.
But 1/2 a team out and job done, but going forward we still look poor and a new world class striker needed
Why do we need to appeal if they are using VAR. Does VAR only look at the incidents where someone appeals?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.