City removing seats

Some of the posts on this thread are embarrassing.

so many people run with the supposition - Let’s get the facts before slagging off the club. Those front seats were crap - you got soaked & had a poor view. So, it might be that the fans affected will have better seats for the same price.
But hey - let’s be negative eh

Don’t get embarrassed get even , post your thoughts on it mate it’s a debate that’s all.
No worries, ready to be shot down in flames.

Firstly, I sympathise with people who are having to move. Having been fucked over by the club in 2003 I fully understand.

I know less than 10% of our revenue comes through the turnstiles but it's all about balancing the books.

In the modern age, fans are an inconvenience. They cost money to steward/police and they turn up when they want. I went to the west ham game in march, I appreciate it was after the league cup final, but the turnout that night was a fucking disgrace. There can't have been 40k in that night.

Happy to have the cheapest tickets in the country when the lines of creaney, Van Blerk, Bill Williams etc were playing but we've moved on from them. We are paying top wages for top players like kev and Raz. The wankfest over Messi further backs it up.

We, and all football clubs are first and foremost a business. The fans through the turnstiles are a minor part of the business. We've seen through lockdown that the game continues on regardless of fans. If the clubs were that bothered about fans they would have got together and refused to continue until fans were allowed back in the stadiums.

There is another thread on here tonight about renewing season tickets. Having given mine up in 2004 after over 20 years, I dip into 2 or 3 games a season. Do I miss it, no.

Unfortunately adverts are consistent. They turn up every week, pay the money and cause no fuss.

No worries, ready to be shot down in flames.

Firstly, I sympathise with people who are having to move. Having been fucked over by the club in 2003 I fully understand.

I know less than 10% of our revenue comes through the turnstiles but it's all about balancing the books.

In the modern age, fans are an inconvenience. They cost money to steward/police and they turn up when they want. I went to the west ham game in march, I appreciate it was after the league cup final, but the turnout that night was a fucking disgrace. There can't have been 40k in that night.

Happy to have the cheapest tickets in the country when the lines of creaney, Van Blerk, Bill Williams etc were playing but we've moved on from them. We are paying top wages for top players like kev and Raz. The wankfest over Messi further backs it up.

We, and all football clubs are first and foremost a business. The fans through the turnstiles are a minor part of the business. We've seen through lockdown that the game continues on regardless of fans. If the clubs were that bothered about fans they would have got together and refused to continue until fans were allowed back in the stadiums.

There is another thread on here tonight about renewing season tickets. Having given mine up in 2004 after over 20 years, I dip into 2 or 3 games a season. Do I miss it, no.

Unfortunately adverts are consistent. They turn up every week, pay the money and cause no fuss.
Great reply mate and yes I can’t argue with anything much you’ve posted.sorry I wasn’t been agonistic .
My point is was and is there now replacing fans with advertising revenue and that’s sad .

Hmm before going upstairs to 315 I was in row L in 117.

On European nights City/UEFA would have larger advertisements than we had in league games, I'm guessing these new ones will be the height they were.

The problem was even in row L I couldn't see the goal line because if these. You had to be in N or higher to get a full view of the pitch.

All this every seat has an unobstructed view rubbish was just that.

Reading between the lines, does anybody think there could be a price freeze on season tickets next season.
i.e.You will pay no more for a new ticket than you paid for your 2019/20 ticket.
Price freeze? there should be a major reduction, otherwise our and many other stadiums will be well under capacity.

Time for all clubs to look after their regular fans and bring back the price of attending football matches to a realistic level.

How else do people expect the club to afford world class players? The people moaning about this will be the same people moaning about us signing sub standard players.

That is over a thousand seats or more importantly a thousand fans being replaced by bigger adverts- absolutely scandalous!
Except that they're not being replaced, they're being relocated to (much) better seats. There'll be 1,000 less day trippers which people moan about anyway. Win win surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.