Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there some new info other than the reports we are interested?

Hardly surprising, and I continue to remain flabbergasted how so many of our fans think we have even a good chance to sign him.

It strikes me that some of us are not really thinking enough about the competition and where we stand compared to other clubs.

I encourage others to look at non-City media and how they see it. I don’t hear any real indication we are considered favorites.

Hope I am wrong.

Where do we stand compared to other clubs? We play in the most lucrative league, one of the richest clubs, the most consistent team in the PL for a decade, have historically in that period scored the most goals and created the most chances and have the best manager in world football.

I think you're underplaying us. Messi trying to force a move to City should be indication enough that we have a chance at landing any player in world football.

Raiola: “I can’t talk about Haaland release clause. Rumors say Real Madrid want him? This is not new to me... but he is very happy with Borussia Dortmund.
Erling wants to win the UCL. When he’ll leave the club, it will be for his ambition and not for money”.

Raiola to Tuttosport: “Haaland is like Ibra when he was 20. Solskjaer is a good guy but he was wrong when he said that Erling is like Lukaku... it would be better if Solskjaer thought about finding a way to make Pogba play like a champion, instead of talking abt Haaland”

Raiola agitates for a move under orders from his clients. Sure it could get messy in the event Haaland wanted to move again, but Mino isn't just trying to shift these players around for the sake of it. He has plenty of high profile/big fee players on his books that haven't been agitating like Pogba & Balotelli do. De Ligt, Donnarumma, Verrati for example.
So true ! Raiola is just a good agent.

He manages to push the will of his players as his own so that he gets all the blame. It is working wonderfully, everyone is loathing Raiola as if what he said and the timing was not agreed with Pogba.

As you said, ever since Verratti signed under Raiola, we have not heard a single bad word. Nothing at all. Why ? Because Verratti is happy and doesn't need Raiola acting as a proxy to get him what he wants.

There is a reason why so many young and talented players sign with Raiola. He gets things done for them and they keep a clean image.

I'm not saying i like Raiola but you should consider what he says as the reflection of what the player is thinking.
So here, for me, Pogba is the bad one accepting his agent talking such things as such a important time. If he was unhappy with that, he could have antagonized Raiola and changed agent. He did not.

So true ! Raiola is just a good agent.

He manages to push the will of his players as his own so that he gets all the blame. It is working wonderfully, everyone is loathing Raiola as if what he said and the timing was not agreed with Pogba.

As you said, ever since Verratti signed under Raiola, we have not heard a single bad word. Nothing at all. Why ? Because Verratti is happy and doesn't need Raiola acting as a proxy to get him what he wants.

There is a reason why so many young and talented players sign with Raiola. He gets things done for them and they keep a clean image.

I'm not saying i like Raiola but you should consider what he says as the reflection of what the player is thinking.
So here, for me, Pogba is the bad one accepting his agent talking such things as such a important time. If he was unhappy with that, he could have antagonized Raiola and changed agent. He did not.

I guess this is a very fair take and something even I had thought about. I have mentioned before that with the plethora of young players that have made Raiola their agent including Haaland, we need to be in a good relationship with the guy.
And an agent never speaks anything this player doesn't want said. Look at Seluk and Yaya Toure. A lot of players under Raiola have just been playing peacefully with no fuss or agitation at all. Exhibit A - Verratti. And we are a big club who can take care of ourselves against one agent if such a need arises. We constantly work with Mendes who does one dodgy deal then another but doesn't speaks out of turn. Raiola is just a little rough around the agents and doesn't wear shiny suits. But he is an excellent agent. One of the best. Ask his clients.
Get Haaland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.