Calling Electricians

KS55

Long story short. Turned on the extractor fan in my cooker hood...Bang! Trip switch down. Tested other things attached to kitchen circuits, all fine. Cooker hood and hob ignition direct wired with master switches and fuses. Replaced fuse, turned on .....Bang. Turned off master switch, reset trip switch and await company who guarantee the hood. No go due to lockdown etc. Note, three trip switches together hob, hood, plus one (cable?). It is the plus one that triggered.
Now wife sometime later turns on master swtich (!) and it all works!! No bang at all.
Anyone know what is happening and what to do? Is hood safe?

Long story short. Turned on the extractor fan in my cooker hood...Bang! Trip switch down. Tested other things attached to kitchen circuits, all fine. Cooker hood and hob ignition direct wired with master switches and fuses. Replaced fuse, turned on .....Bang. Turned off master switch, reset trip switch and await company who guarantee the hood. No go due to lockdown etc. Note, three trip switches together hob, hood, plus one (cable?). It is the plus one that triggered.
Now wife sometime later turns on master swtich (!) and it all works!! No bang at all.
Anyone know what is happening and what to do? Is hood safe?
Possibly the hood has an internal fuse that has now ruptured, isolating the fault from the master switch?

Or a heat issue (fault) with the master switch?

Possibly the hood has an internal fuse that has now ruptured, isolating the fault from the master switch?

Or a heat issue (fault) with the master switch?
Cheers. I guessed fault on master switch, but I am an electrical ignoramus.
We did change fuse on master before test and same bang occurred. So why is it seemingly ok now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.