Calling Electricians

We had a power cut yesterday. Since then the electric oven doesn't heat up. Grill still works, so does the light and fan. Do I need a new element? And if yes, are they easily replaced?

Long story short. Turned on the extractor fan in my cooker hood...Bang! Trip switch down. Tested other things attached to kitchen circuits, all fine. Cooker hood and hob ignition direct wired with master switches and fuses. Replaced fuse, turned on .....Bang. Turned off master switch, reset trip switch and await company who guarantee the hood. No go due to lockdown etc. Note, three trip switches together hob, hood, plus one (cable?). It is the plus one that triggered.
Now wife sometime later turns on master swtich (!) and it all works!! No bang at all.
Anyone know what is happening and what to do? Is hood safe?
Is there a light in the hood too that’s now not working?

We had a power cut yesterday. Since then the electric oven doesn't heat up. Grill still works, so does the light and fan. Do I need a new element? And if yes, are they easily replaced?
Likely need a new element, and should be a relatively easy fix, although sometimes the screws in the oven can be a bit tight and/or fragile.

Best tips for removing screws in an oven are to make sure you use a quality screwdriver/bit that isn't worn (usually pozi-drive and preferably new), keep the driver at 90 degrees to the screw and use sufficient force against the screw to stop the bit slipping when you turn the driver. Once a screw gets chewed up, your p*ssing in the wind and will probably end up having to drill it out.

Likely need a new element, and should be a relatively easy fix, although sometimes the screws in the oven can be a bit tight and/or fragile.

Best tips for removing screws in an oven are to make sure you use a quality screwdriver/bit that isn't worn (usually pozi-drive and preferably new), keep the driver at 90 degrees to the screw and use sufficient force against the screw to stop the bit slipping when you turn the driver. Once a screw gets chewed up, your p*ssing in the wind and will probably end up having to drill it out.
Squirt some oven cleaner on the screw first and wipe clean. Stops slippage.

Dave Smith is a wanker, as for John Stewart I wouldn't trust him to put a battery in my wife's vibrator never mind rewire a plug. Electricians I wouldn't shit on them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.