Mancini or Pep era?

Mancini was more exciting imo with a mix of 'Typical City' and new wave of football many of the supporters hadnt witnessed before.

Pep has been incredible no doubt and I hope he can create his second truly great team with us...

Mancini wasnt given the time or finances to complete the job were as Pep has been given everything available to win multiple trophies , as a character i would have Mancini every day of the week , he believed in our club and showed passion and antagonised opposition managers , he was willing to go to war . Pep is a more subdued manager generally bulshitting all and sundry saying how great Dyche,Klippety,Dippers,Rags,Bielsa or whoever we happen to be playing next, why he has to blow smoke up the arse of the opposition before every game is beyond me.

What I’d give for a bit of attitude back.

Considering Pep is in his 4th or 5th season and had £500m pound to throw at it , you cannot compare his record to Mancini, who knows what Mancini could have achieved given the same time and money.

That Mancini squad cost more than the Pep squad taking transfer inflation into account.

No it isn’t. Like, factually it isn’t.
I think it's difficult for people to compare the two managers fairly. A lot are using the highs of Mancini against the more current lows of Guardiola (at least the mood of the current lows).

The lows of Mancini were god awful. Crashing out of the CL group stage in 2012/13 in embarrassing fashion. Getting knocked out at home by Villa in the League Cup. The Wigan FA Cup final. The mismanagement of Tevez and Balotelli. The falling out with everybody. Consecutive losses away at bloody Sunderland. Some absolutely boring football. To this day the worst transfer window of them all since the takeover..

Plus people talk about derbies, but Mancini had a losing record in them. Not only that but he was the manager for the single most boring derby I've ever seen; the last derby seemed a thriller in comparison.

I think it's great Mancini is getting the love. I loved him too. He took down the banner FFS. But it's clear that there's some real nostalgia fuelled rose tinted perspectives on here and some disrespect to Guardiola in equal measure, particularly on the front that he doesn't care or 'get' the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.