Mancini or Pep era?

Bobby was great as we smashed up the cartel and won the league.

Pep has smashed all comps and the football was outstanding.

Both periods are fantastic for lots of different reasons. Bobby with the Sergio moment and pep keeping the scousers at bay while winning all domestic comps.

It’s been emotional :)

Both managers have been fantastic for us and I understand those who think this era is better than Mancini's and choose Pep because ge has elevated us even higher with wonderful breathtaking football, especially in the back to back PL wins .

And let's not forget that Hughes played his part in Mancini's success by signing Kompany Zabaleta Tevez Barry and De Jong.

Mancini added Silva Aguero Yaya Dzeko Milner and Balotelli we became a force to be reckoned with and went on to beat Stoke to end many years of hurt.

I was saddened when Bobby Manc was sacked especially when I read his heartfelt farewell piece in the MEN thanking us, I was choked up. We showed our gratitude by thanking him in Gazetta dello Sport.

I think Mancini era was special for what he achieved and was definitely my favourite era of being a blue.

Pep has never had his hands around the rags throat like Bobby had in fact his record in Derby games is poor of late, and that's being generous. The first to Anything will always be remembered when all else is long forgotten. Id argue what Mancini achieved was greater because of the gap from 68. Bannister,Hillary, Armstrong,Yeager,the wright brothers etc and Bobby Mancs achievements have all been equalled and bettered but few if any remember the names of those who bettered them. Roberto Mancini "trailblazer".

Loved Mancini but he came very close to not winning us the league, time sugar coats the period however, he was definitely was the right man at the time taking on the govern bully. I doubt he would ever have gotten to Pep’s level of achievement and the football we have played under Pep is probably the best ever. Pep has also influenced football in this country which Roberto never did So Pep for me

Mancini wore his heart on his sleeve, made City grow a set of bollocks, restored fan belief, dragged us out of the doldrums and stopped that clock.

We are where we are because of Bobby Mancini, Mark Hughes and Manuel Pellegrini signings... It's no surprise to me to see a marked 'decline' in the level of performances since the departures of Yaya, Vinny,and El Mago, and the long absences of Sergio...

Guardiola may have a system but he's not got a succession plan - Signings (to a large extent thanks to Bergiristain) have been haphazard, unnecessary and largely underwhelming. While he's achieved great things over his tenure, it all seems very short-term to me.

Guardiola bottled it when it mattered against Lyon - That summed him up for me.

Mancini won many of our hearts for ever. Guardiola is just a passing relationship.

Mancini wore his heart on his sleeve, made City grow a set of bollocks, restored fan belief, dragged us out of the doldrums and stopped that clock.

We are where we are because of Bobby Mancini, Mark Hughes and Manuel Pellegrini signings... It's no surprise to me to see a marked 'decline' in the level of performances since the departures of Yaya, Vinny,and El Mago, and the long absences of Sergio...

Guardiola may have a system but he's not got a succession plan - Signings (to a large extent thanks to Bergiristain) have been haphazard, unnecessary and largely underwhelming. While he's achieved great things over his tenure, it all seems very short-term to me.

Guardiola bottled it when it mattered against Lyon - That summed him up for me.

Mancini won many of our hearts for ever. Guardiola is just a passing relationship.

How did Mancini do in the CL by comparison?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.