Everton (A) | Game Postponed

I agree with you re the Premier League.

The problem is supporters of other clubs and certain journalists start foaming at the mouth regarding anything to do with City and are trying to portray this as big bad corrupt City owned by dubious Arabs getting a game called off so they can have a rest. So as a result City supporters go on the defensive very quickly.

Clearly the right decision on this has been reached and by your measured response I think you agree with that. As per usual though the Premier League have fucked the situation up by not consulting Everton.

Just to add, it's not unreasonable for City to have contacted Everton and made them aware. I would have thought they would have done, perhaps it's a case that the PL has made an arbitrary decision without consulting Everton and City haven't had time to brief Everton before it was made.

Pundits and journalists are slowly pushing the narrative that the game should now be forfeit - Gary Neville among them. An interesting stance to take as next time a team does have positive covid cases, they should then ignore the health advice from the government and just play - in an effort to avoid punitive measures.
Seven out of twelve League 1 fixtures are postponed tomorrow due to covid....I assume that Neville is pushing for those games to either go ahead and be forfeited along with points awarded?

Massive **** who has been using an impartial facade for years to get people on side but he’s a snidey, two faced rag **** and will do whatever it takes to use his position to drive an agenda that suits united.

Pundits and journalists are slowly pushing the narrative that the game should now be forfeit - Gary Neville among them. An interesting stance to take as next time a team does have positive covid cases, they should then ignore the health advice from the government and just play - in an effort to avoid punitive measures.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1957344?sf241491393=1
From the official PL statement:
...the Premier League Board received medical advice that the match should be postponed.

Gary Neville should be fined for suggesting it's ok to ignore official medical advice on COVID safety measures. A poll should get the ball rolling, make it happen twitter members.

There’s 7 league one games off due to covid, did he mention them?

Apologies. Someone made mention of it but when I checked he was actually referring to the league cup rather than the premier league fixture. I should’ve verified it before posting.

Im effectively guilty of exacerbating of “fake news“ here.

Gutted the game wasn't on tonight but the club have made the correct decision.

We have to accept that Everton and the PL will want to know more about why the game was called off, just as we would do. We need to be clear and transparent. The PL don't want teams calling games off at the last minute as some teams with less scrupulous owners may "call covid" to avoid playing harder teams.

This isn't just 15 people travelling from City to play 15 people at Everton. There will be Sky commentators, media production staff, BBC MOTD staff, advertising contracts to honour, crowds, car park attendants, the police, heating the stadium, admin staff, stewards, referees, PL representatives, kit men, coach drivers etc etc to consult. There's a lot more to a game than what you see on the pitch.

We're in a period where the virus is basically out of control. PL players are still human beings and some will get it. We need to protect them, and any staff that come into contact with them. We absolutely should not risk taking the virus to Everton.

We should applaud the club for their honesty. I would rather have played Everton tonight with James, Digne etc missing and when we play them they are likely to be at full strength. However, we could have put a lot more people at risk.

It's just one of those things that happens.

I agree with you re the Premier League.

The problem is supporters of other clubs and certain journalists start foaming at the mouth regarding anything to do with City and are trying to portray this as big bad corrupt City owned by dubious Arabs getting a game called off so they can have a rest. So as a result City supporters go on the defensive very quickly.

Clearly the right decision on this has been reached and by your measured response I think you agree with that. As per usual though the Premier League have fucked the situation up by not consulting Everton.

Ive just said in an earlier post that I dont remember this much outrage or coveragd and 'forefit' shouts when it was Newcastle but then the media are full of Liverpool fans who of course want you to lose points so it gets amplified.

It also appears that you requested postponement this morning, yet it seems the first Everton heard about it was the decision around 4pm - thats shocking. Maybe if we had have been informed of the request when it was made, with the reasons behind it, we could have agreed there and then and avoided all this. As z previous poster put it, it probably benefits us too as we have had one of the shortest rest times over xmas and looked leggy against Sheff U.

Gutted the game wasn't on tonight but the club have made the correct decision.

We have to accept that Everton and the PL will want to know more about why the game was called off, just as we would do. We need to be clear and transparent. The PL don't want teams calling games off at the last minute as some teams with less scrupulous owners may "call covid" to avoid playing harder teams.

This isn't just 15 people travelling from City to play 15 people at Everton. There will be Sky commentators, media production staff, BBC MOTD staff, advertising contracts to honour, crowds, car park attendants, the police, heating the stadium, admin staff, stewards, referees, PL representatives, kit men, coach drivers etc etc to consult. There's a lot more to a game than what you see on the pitch.

We're in a period where the virus is basically out of control. PL players are still human beings and some will get it. We need to protect them, and any staff that come into contact with them. We absolutely should not risk taking the virus to Everton.

We should applaud the club for their honesty. I would rather have played Everton tonight with James, Digne etc missing and when we play them they are likely to be at full strength. However, we could have put a lot more people at risk.

It's just one of those things that happens.
The premier league called it off not city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.