Everton (A) | Game Postponed

Pundits and journalists are slowly pushing the narrative that the game should now be forfeit - Gary Neville among them. An interesting stance to take as next time a team does have positive covid cases, they should then ignore the health advice from the government and just play - in an effort to avoid punitive measures.
What’s Gary rat boy said? Did he say the same about Newcastle? Nah didn’t think so

Pundits and journalists are slowly pushing the narrative that the game should now be forfeit - Gary Neville among them. An interesting stance to take as next time a team does have positive covid cases, they should then ignore the health advice from the government and just play - in an effort to avoid punitive measures.

Dont agree with that. But if this is what the media are pushing, then they need to do the same with Newcastle. I dont remember this outrage when they got a game postponed.

I do think that stupid decision by the PL at the restart saying teams will have to play if they have 14 players available is causing a lot of frustration too. That needs to change immidiately.

Because Everton Football Club were preparing to host a premier league football game and blissfully unaware. It’s not just a case of Ancelotti and his players, the whole club are involved from grounds staff to medics etc.

Out of nothing more than common courtesy they should have been kept abreast of the conversations between the Premier League and City.

Im not suggesting that Everton would’ve pushed for the game to go ahead (I actually think they would agree with the decision) but to not consult them shows the premier league’s incompetence.
Apparently 22 fellas just turn up at goodison at 7.30 to kick a ball.

Looking at the PL statement you reported and requested the postponement this morning, but we apparently got informed at 4pm - im sorry but how anyone can think thats acceptable by the PL.

Maybe if we were notified early enough or consulted by the PL we could have agreed and planned accordingly.

Manchester City lodged a request with the Premier League today to rearrange the match following an increase in positive COVID-19 test results received by the club this morning, on top of the cases reported on Christmas Day.
I agree with you re the Premier League.

The problem is supporters of other clubs and certain journalists start foaming at the mouth regarding anything to do with City and are trying to portray this as big bad corrupt City owned by dubious Arabs getting a game called off so they can have a rest. So as a result City supporters go on the defensive very quickly.

Clearly the right decision on this has been reached and by your measured response I think you agree with that. As per usual though the Premier League have fucked the situation up by not consulting Everton.

Wow!! Are they demanding Newcastle forfeit the 3 points too.. or just us?

was they a call for Newcastle to forfeit their game or is it just City ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.