Best diver?

Sir ‘arry has perfected the art of backing into defenders then collapsing forward as if he’s been shot. Always happens circa the halfway line to relieve pressure.
Such a well versed tactic against the random dives of the NW Red teams.
Watched him the other day launch himself into 2 players right in front of the ref. Nowhere near the ball and still got a free kick.

Kane, Grealish, Vardy, Rushforward, Martial, Penandes, Salah and Mane (have I missed any?) are ALL seasoned pros at the art of the "defender is closely marking you from behind so make it look like you're trying to turn, scream, and then dive to the ground where you then writhe around like a fish out of water"; (through my blue tinted specs) our worst offenders are Sterling and FFS, who both go down a bit to easily when they get pushed or "slightly knocked" but with less theatrics and IMO neither actively go "looking for" these situations, unlike those mentioned earlier.

Salah for me, Dick Fosbury would be proud of the ****, there are a few though, Mane, Martial, Rashford, let’s not forget Zaha either .... !! It needs stamping out, sides like the rags are getting results from it week in week out.. It’s blatant cheating and I don’t put up with it from our team as well as the rest ...

Mane is the best by a long way. I think he even convinces himself he has been fouled. Rashford runs him as a close second. Martial and Salah are just too obvious. For City I always thought Gareth Barry was brilliant with his technique of stopping dead in front of someone forcing them to run into him. He used to break up a lot of attacks like that.

Rashford Fernandes and mane are all masters of the dive they know how to run into players, collapse at will and initiate contact themselves but make it seem the other way around. Sterling is our worst offender he collapses in the box like his legs are made of matchsticks yet outside the box he's incredibly difficult to bring down as Kanye can atest to.

Salah for me, Dick Fosbury would be proud of the ****, there are a few though, Mane, Martial, Rashford, let’s not forget Zaha either .... !! It needs stamping out, sides like the rags are getting results from it week in week out.. It’s blatant cheating and I don’t put up with it from our team as well as the rest ...
Cue lots of younger Bmers heading off to Google. Let's hope they don't flop.

Thank you, thank you. Available for weddings, funerals, birthdays, bar mitzvahs, debs' functions etc etc.

I wouldn't rate Grealish as a good diver. He's got that Hamann quality of knowing when to fall when he has been touched. He looks like a goof when he actually tries to dive. Kane is similar.

Mané, Salah, Fernandes, and Vardy are the pros.

City don't have any good divers. Jesus hits the deck quite readily but he rarely gets freekicks and Sterling chooses the worst times to go down (if he doesn't trip himself up) and the worst times to stay up. Mahrez has that crafty Leicester DNA in him though, but even he rarely goes over. Even our Portuguese lads seem to be the least shithouse Portuguese players going. I can't complain though about any of that, I'm happy not to have a bunch of divers.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.