Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see us retaining both Aguero and Fernandinho.
Our foreign quota is full at the moment and if we buy a Haaland or Messi someone has to go.
Would Pep prefer to have current Zinchenko or current Aguero.
It may come down to numbers in the end

I’m wary of letting our players decide when THEY want to leave. Zaba, Silva, Yaya, Vinny and now Aguero. I think it allows a softness to creep in.

In Fergies glory days, he got rid of big names to keep everyone on their toes and to keep it fresh. And it worked. No one ever felt safe and I bet they gave an extra 10% because of it.Our lads know that no matter what, they’ll not be shown the door unless they’ve decided to go..

Yet our "respect" policy has meant we have kept all of our best players over the years. Not many teams have done that. I prefer the way we do things.
Sane leaving was slightly different and he was never a legend.

No, no and triple no...

we don’t sacrifice the talent of Jesus for sentimentality, he isn’t Aguero, who is, but he’s above anyone out there of the same age, barring a couple, and those couple are going to cost in access of £150m...
I disagree. Jesus is a tap in merchant without much pace and when he isn't he's often offside, we need better because he's not good enough to play lone striker IMO. An out and out striker is what we need a big strong old fashioned CF with an eye for goal and good in the air. We can pay what it takes to sign Haaland(or Mbappe). Sign him up.

Our foreign quota is full at the moment and if we buy a Haaland or Messi someone has to go.

It's has already been leaked the Fernandinho is going. But you never know after recent events...

Can free up a spot with Mendy & in an instant make Zinc a valuable squad member.

I think the Aguero situation is linked to what happens with Messi. I think the idea is to get Messi at City for two seasons and that he and Sergio will both end up at New York City FC. Messi and Aguero have both expressed an interest in the MLS but perhaps Covid has complicated things. Whatever happens Sergio is a legend and has earned the right to choose his own destiny.

Zinchenko, Mendy, Fernandinho and Mahrez are the most likely to leave IMO.

Hypothetically, if all four left we could still accommodate Messi, a striker e.g. Haaland, a Fernandinho replacement and a new LB.

We would then have three strikers which some would say is too many for a system that only starts with one but Jesus could occasionally be used as a wide forward and Aguero as a back-up if he's happy to play that role.

Ultimately it will all come down to Sergio proving his fitness first and then who we're able to move on in the summer.

Aguero and Messi aren't a married couple; they’ll make decisions about their careers based on money, like they all do.

Personally i’d prefer us not to buy Messi, keep Aguero for one year but announce he’s going in 2022. Sign a young but reasonably big name £50-70m striker as his replacement in 2021.

I’d love to get Haaland but it aint happenning; we tend not to buy these £100m+ type players as its not the strategy, which is fine because its always worked out for us to buy mid level and make them stars at city.

When have we ever bought an out and out ‘star’ name? almost never. Even Aguero and Silva were on the rung down a level, Toure was a barca reserve, KDB etc. Sterling is the closest we’ve ever got to poaching a big name

Reminds me of the ‘Kompany’s finished’ talk and then he used to come back in to the team and we’d all remember who the fucking man was. I hope he stays next season at a minimum, happy for him to decide when he goes.
Tbh Phil, I'm still not convinced Vinny didn't use pain killing injections to get us through that final part of the season, it makes no sense from either side that he performs like a Colossus, and then finishes, my thoughts anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.