General Videogame Thread

You should mate. You hear EVERYTHING - like the Alien scratching around in the vents above you.

200w.gif

Quoted for truth.

while im not sure on that specific game but in general headphones make a massive difference especially in 1st person shooters where 3D audio is key.

On this note, Sony have put a lot of effort into Audio this generation to the extent that they are even working on offering services to model your eardrum's so your headphones work better. right now I think they only offer a few standard set ups.

Just finished Control, well at least i thought i had as the end credits started rolling. It looks like there's more to this game, what a strange storyline. I still have little idea wtf has happened but there was one part that was fucking amazing. It's a "level" called Astral Maze, a mind-bending trip as you go through a maze of levels with a mad metal soundtrack. First time in ages i've said "fuck, that was great".

Dug my hotas out and gave star wars squadrons a go.

Looks lovely but its a bit average. Me and a mate jumped in and found ourselves up against high level players from the off. Madness.
I didn't like it at first. Was expecting something akin to the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series, but the campaign was just a long tutorial and most of the features, tricks and techniques that are introduced are kind of pointless gimic (I never use drift, for example, or scanning).

However, I do love the Dogfights. I totally agree about the matchmaking; I consistently get around 15 kills a game, and got 20 kills/4 assists/no deaths the other night - that can't be fun for anyone else in those matches, and I'd rather play players at a similar level than shoot fish in a barrel. I'm a bit of a space-combat-sim veteran (hours put into X-Wing/TIE, Colony Wars, Wing Commander, Starlancer, Elite Dangerous) but having the PS4 HOTAS is what makes the difference - proper throttle control is so helpful, and you don't really get that with controllers or mouse/keyboard.

If they could bring in better matchmaking and a proper combat-sim single player mode, it would be a great game.

Have you tried Fleet Battles yet? I've heard it's good fun, yet to try it myself.

Anyone got a ps5 yet ? I’m gonna pick one up as soon as deals start coming in . Think I’m gonna go for the disc version though .

Bored, so bought Demon Souls on PS5 and fuck me i wish I hadn't lol what an absolute b@@@@@d of a game lol it's annoying dying and losing your hard earned souls :( the boss fights are mega hard, I'm in for a huge challenge here.
Id love to play dark souls and especially bloodborne but rock hard games suck the fun out for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.