Your favourite Manchester brewery

from the newer breweries
Marble
Blackjack
Shindigger
Bollington bit out of Manchester make good beers
Worse for me is JW Lees

Yup Bollington breweries do some great beers, they have a tap house next to Stockport market with some nice craft beer on draft.

Agreed JW Lees are toss beers.

In think they're all rubbish tbh.

When I lived up north, I'd go for Robinsons but IMO now I think it's garbage compared to a well kept pint of Abbot or Old Speckled Hen. Or Tanglefoot. Or Gales HSB. Or Youngs Special, or Fullers Pride or Flowers Original. etc
Sounds like you've been down south too long mate, turned you into a bit of a girl. I bet you put a coat on when it's cold and eat your kebab with a knife and fork too.

Sounds like you've been down south too long mate, turned you into a bit of a girl. I bet you put a coat on when it's cold and eat your kebab with a knife and fork too.
True in parts.

I'm still a Manc at heart though mate - and will be moving back up in a year or two. But it won't be for the beer.

In think they're all rubbish tbh.

When I lived up north, I'd go for Robinsons but IMO now I think it's garbage compared to a well kept pint of Abbot or Old Speckled Hen. Or Tanglefoot. Or Gales HSB. Or Youngs Special, or Fullers Pride or Flowers Original. etc

You have named some of the worst beers in the country there.

Green king beer is awful hence why abbot is a staple of spoons at £1.29 a pint.

Even john smiths is a preferable choice to anything green king produce

Steady on. You've gone too far there, although Magnet Ale used to be nice.

You are kidding me???? Abbot is quite possibly my favourite pint of all. It's either that or Old Speckled Hen.

I can only imagine you've only had it served or kept wrongly because a decent pint of draught Abbot is a truly joyous thing.

I bought their Retro beers in the Autumn.
Ginger , Tawny , Chocolate stout , Dobber .. All stunning beers , wish I would of bought a boatload all sold out now

I've got one can of Dobber left, to be drank either when restrictions in Manchester are lifted or I get the vaccine!

All these different opinions but what we would all like is to be able to have a pint of any decent beer in our local with mates. Let's hope we can do it soon.
As this is about Manchester beers right now l would love to be squashed into the Grove with a foaming clear as a bell pint of Holts talking to any of the many regulars, watching the rags get beat before a quick dash to the ground.
Just like the good old days, 100 points or 4 trophies.

I bought their Retro beers in the Autumn.
Ginger , Tawny , Chocolate stout , Dobber .. All stunning beers , wish I would of bought a boatload all sold out now
My younger lad works opposite the Beer House in Chorlton sister pub of the Marble Arch. He got me a gift box of Manchester Bitter, complete with peanuts and pork scratchings and for authenticity some of their beet mats.
Cheers Matt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.