Your favourite Manchester brewery

Of the 4 big breweries left would have to say Holt's followed by Hydes, but I think it is all depends on where you grew up drinking, as it was holts and bodies houses near me, the only robbies house had poor beer on. We had Wilsons houses too bit by then they were selling websters and other breweries beer

Was Boddies when young before it got ruined.

Of the smaller independant breweries Marble or Shindigger.

Worst brewery form me is Blackjack, never had a pint of theirs I didn't want to leave half way through it.

Last edited:
In think they're all rubbish tbh.

When I lived up north, I'd go for Robinsons but IMO now I think it's garbage compared to a well kept pint of Abbot or Old Speckled Hen. Or Tanglefoot. Or Gales HSB. Or Youngs Special, or Fullers Pride or Flowers Original. etc

Used to love OB bitter & Boddies which became the same thing. Due to Whitbreads Boddies now tastes better in a can than on draught sadly.

Lees & Robinsons...yuk

Holts is the only decent local beer now that I drink or will do if I can ever get in a pub again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.