Old songs

Remember at a cup final in the mid eighties Elton Jon was on the pitch bring interviewed with his then wife Renata. He was saying what wonderful reception they'd had from the Evertonians, this was spoiled somewhat by thousands of Everton fans roaring out " your a puff , your a puff, your a PUFF "in the background. In these days of Canal St blues etc this may seem unbelievable to young fans but in those days it was not remarkable.
At the time it would’ve been remarkable if it hadn’t have been sung. Different times & thankfully, most of the inhabitants of this country have moved on

At the time it would’ve been remarkable if it hadn’t have been sung. Different times & thankfully, most of the inhabitants of this country have moved on
As old songs go it was 40 years ago today Eurovision song contest we lost 2 0 at Norwich a young girl on the football special on the way home had a TV we heard the songs I've only seen her once since at a supporter s club meeting with her son who was a giant about 1999 ish very rare for a female to go to the game s on her own at that time hope she's well and enjoying our recent success as a city fan of many years she would get the nod like anyone else you see outside the ground,(if only) from the city special days pork pies and cheese butties Howard and co doing a great job we never win at home and we never win away MCFC ok forget to say 7 days later but that's another story oh city we love you

Last edited:
As old songs go it was 40 years ago today Eurovision song contest we lost 2 0 at Norwich a young girl on the football special on the way home had a TV we heard the songs I've only seen her once since at a supporter s club meeting with her son who was a giant about 1999 ish very rare for a female to go to the game s on her own at that time hope she's well and enjoying our recent success as a city fan of many years she would get the nod like anyone else you see outside the ground,(if only) from the city special days pork pies and cheese butties Howard and co doing a great job we never win at home and we never win away MCFC ok forget to say 7 days later but that's another story oh city we love you
And breathe.

As a FOC I remember the first song I heard on the Kippax.

The blues are here to stay - that's what the people say
We are the best football team the world has ever seen
We're from the Kippax Street - and we are magnifique
tra la la la la la la la la la la la la.
I think we also sung it when at Wembley in 69
I was right behind the goals when Nelly scored.
Best day of my life then.
Want a repeat beating Leicester in the final and also revenge on
those perennial losers Tosseringham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.