Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just after Phil scores on the live bbc match report simple Simon posts this....

After going top of the Premier League yesterday, there was some more good news for Manchester United today as new signing Amad Diallo did a solo training session after completing his £19m move from Atalanta.

After going top of the Premier League yesterday, there was some more good news for Manchester United today as new signing Amad Diallo did a solo training session after completing his £19m move from Atalanta.
Lol what a brainlet

If only Phil was getting game time........

‘I have attended scores of press conferences over the last three years where Pep Guardiola's handling of Phil Foden has been questioned.
It has generally been along the lines of Foden not getting enough chances, particularly compared to Jadon Sancho, who flourished after leaving Manchester City for Borussia Dortmund.
But watching Foden now, you can see Guardiola's guiding hand.
It looks like his development has been handled perfectly.’

Is Simon Stone feeling ok?

‘I have attended scores of press conferences over the last three years where Pep Guardiola's handling of Phil Foden has been questioned.
It has generally been along the lines of Foden not getting enough chances, particularly compared to Jadon Sancho, who flourished after leaving Manchester City for Borussia Dortmund.
But watching Foden now, you can see Guardiola's guiding hand.
It looks like his development has been handled perfectly.’

Is Simon Stone feeling ok?
Probably done some meth.

Example of Formulaeic Talkshite show format implemented at least twice today (when I tuned in) .

Talk some balls ideally with a provocative point of view
Talk some more balls from an opposite point of view
Talk balls about Youth football
For no reason, talk some balls about Manchester City....
Talkshite presenter:"If you had a choice of clubs to send your san.. you'd want to see if there's a paaathway for your san to the first team rather than Manchester City ."
Guest (smugly and sanctimoniously) : "Yes, bat clabs like Southampton and my old clab Leicester offer a paathway to the first team."

(in a season where Academy graduates Cole Palmer, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Felix Nmecha have gained valuable 1st team experience and Phil Foden continues to develop at a pace in all competitions)

Never mind the truth, eh.

Introduce the subject.
Identify "the problem". Who can we find?
Manchester City.
Look for a negative that isn't there.
Snipe at Manchester City (the bad guys).
Sanctimoniously present other clubs as better (the good guys).
Job done.

So that's:
Bad guys (Manchester City)
Good guys (Everyone else)
Re apprentices, that guy is 100% wrong. A switched on dad would look for a club that gave the best education, in football, academically and in life. This idea that you should choose a club with a pathway had been around a long time and is about as useful as the old 'you can't practise penalties' nonsense. Clue: That genius David Pleat said it every week at one time.

Soooo, and apologies for responding to my own post.
I got a notification from The Athletic after a comment to the article about the fake job for the Brazilian and I basically said I’d had enough of the Athletic. The notification said “Are you alright petal?” and came, I’m certain, from one of the authors of the article. Being a notification, it’s gone, but fuck me, getting trolled by the employees of a website I pay to access (for the next week). Getting trolled by them. Wtaf?
Clear and Organised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.