Crystal Palace (h) post-match thread

Really worried that we were in for a frustrating evening against a Palace side that's given us real problems in the recent past, but how wrong I was! That was an excellent performance over the whole 90 minutes. All four goals were excellent and unusually all were, or stemmed from, set pieces. I was particularly pleased with the fourth because I had experienced something of a "No, Vinnie don't shoot moment" as I had been saying to myself "Oh no, not Raz for god's sake!". But what a brilliant free kick! The lad didn't try to belt the casing off the ball, as he had done with the penalty last Wednesday but picked his spot and passed it beautifully into it. Pep's influence getting through again? Good win on a good day - even though we're all disappointed that Livarpool could be out of the top four if Everton win their game in hand! What a disaster that would be!

Put Jim White and that Jordan bloke on Talkshite this morning at 10,waited 45 minutes still no mention of us it was all rags and scouse then big fat Sam interview so I switched the shite off,they don't like us do they.

Yes. How ironic that the defensive transformation is mainly down to a (seeming) third or fourth choice CB signing plus a rehabilitated down-and-out. A few months ago, few knew anything about Dias while rather more were giving up on Stones.

Whatever, we‘ve seized the moment, adjusted style and consequently look more solid than for years. Dias appears a cert for future captaincy.

What’s more, we still have a top defender in Laporte in case of slippage or injury. I wonder how he is feeling at the moment though.
Laporte is a professional and he won't have any downers about this situation. He knows what it will take to get into this side and then the hard work needed to stay in it. At some point Dias and/or Stones will need a rest, or maybe one might have a slight dip in form. Nothing lasts forever and that's why we have the squad we do. Laporte will definitely be needed this season and when he is, he'll step straight back in and his performances will be up to the usual high standard. The club have quietly got themselves into a very promising position as we go into the business end of a uniquely screwed up and busy season.

We'll never cure Lee Mason's inability to see a foul or a card for our opponents; or his bias as some cynics might say, but why not just kick the ball at him when he's blocking a pass? It's play-on if we keep possession and an uncontested drop ball if we lose it. The drop ball might not be a great option but it might be better than making a second or third choice pass.
I like that idea....aim for where his bollocks should be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.