Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leafing through the New Statesman thheis week, I know give me a break, there is a two page spread on King Colin entitled "The Manchester Nijinsky" by Michael Henderson. Quite a pleasant nostalgic piece, inevitably from Henderson, until yes, even in a tribute to Colin, I find " the club that Bell adorned is no more. Manchester City is now an accessory for multi-billionaires from the UAE whose wealth has brought success (four Premier league titles since 2012) but little sense of kinship. Needless to say I have written to remind him of some of the remarkable communal experiences, spiritual some might say, that I have shared of late with fellow blues. Suspect it will fall on deaf ears and won't be in the readers letters page.
He never gives up does he. Fake blue, supported ?Bolton as a kid.

It's funny how they never say that about other clubs who have changed and become commercially savvy etc compared to the chip shop mentality of the 60s,70s and before ! Its just us that are not the same.Wonder why ? Maybe its the "type" of owner they dont like ! Henderson is in there with the likes of Schindler,etc, who say they preferred it when you couldn't get to the bogs for a piss at half time and stood in a cowshed watching your team.Or is it more they are just a bit racist and bang on about the way we were but it's really just an excuse ! He was an old mate of my brother's and he used to stand on the Kippax in the early 80s before the bright lights of London beckoned. Not a proper fan at all nor is anyone who comes out with crap like the club losing its soul,etc.Utter bollocks !
We may have lost a bit of the black humour (after all we keep winning) but i think the City spirit is stronger than ever. This "soulless" crap is just journo nonsense. As p.e. says, more than a whiff of racism here.

Yep unsurprisingly quiet on Breakfast today. Noticed on the local bulletin going out of their way to point out Ole's unbeaten run with a brief excerpt from his press conference. For the Blues just said the victory took us to 2nd over littlepoo.

Whatever you do, don't mention the football.....
I did, but I think I got away with it.

Here’s what they’re like on commentary when you don’t usually get to see them.

Lolz at Neville’s reaction just after 2:40.

Here’s what they’re like on commentary when you don’t usually get to see them.

Lolz at Neville’s reaction just after 2:40.

Been watching a load of 70’s City games on YouTube since Bell passed away, the level of professionalism, unbiased and positive commentary, about both sides, compared to now, is astonishing.

This is basically fanzone TV and it’s a joke.

I had the same questionnaire sent to me. Boy, did I give them both barrels! I think they'll be paying me a licence fee to keep them on my list of media providers!!
I really don't agree with the license fee at all. If I don't want Sky and don't have to pay for it... If I don't want the BBC I have to pay for it! Wtf!
They could at least be unbiased and professional ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.