Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned that to the wife on the night quality pass for a CH ....nothing mentioned if that's VVD it would be on a loop .
Young Phil skinning 2 players last week against Brighton was Messi esque .
At least that got on soccer AM.
Current commentators are more likely to Gossip about players wages and links to other clubs rather than enjoying the game.
They act like its fooking love Island or some other shite celebrity programme not sport played by athletes.

Agree when I watch City it's like you are trying to watch the match and there are two people sat near you pratterling on about what they had for tea yesterday. They arent paying any attention to the match, to call them commentators is wrong.

But like the press/media, today's commentators are an embarrassment to the profession of yester year.

Agree when I watch City it's like you are trying to watch the match and there are two people sat near you pratterling on about what they had for tea yesterday. They arent paying any attention to the match, to call them commentators is wrong.

But like the press/media, today's commentators are an embarrassment to the profession of yester year.

Not only that but when we’re playing European teams the commentary feels like we’re the foreign side. Any other English club and the commentators become little Englanders for 90 minutes.

it often feels that way to me anyway, bit I’m very biased towards City so perhaps I’m just over critical and sensitive. I never watch rags or scousers so don’t know what their commentary is like, I just assume it reflects the written media sycophancy.

Haha, typical.

Edit: Can't seem to find any examples in the match reports(funny that), so I've had to screen capture my own. I noticed Sky even cut away when Harry Kane went in for a double hug after the 3rd goal.
View attachment 8531View attachment 8532View attachment 8533View attachment 8534View attachment 8535.
Silly Sally prattling on the BBC about Arsenal doing it. No consistency and selective about what who they show.
We shall never know now but it would have been interesting to see how they dealt with a goal by one or both of the Favourite Twins. Cut it out of the highlighlights or fail to notice and comment?

Not only that but when we’re playing European teams the commentary feels like we’re the foreign side. Any other English club and the commentators become little Englanders for 90 minutes.

it often feels that way to me anyway, bit I’m very biased towards City so perhaps I’m just over critical and sensitive. I never watch rags or scousers so don’t know what their commentary is like, I just assume it reflects the written media sycophancy.
That boils my piss aswell until I noticed its every match its blatant.
As for Dippers rags on there special nights beyond nauseous.
Awaiting this weekends build up to start even after the dire game last.
City supporters have done a great thing with tickets for Cheltenham game...conveniently swept under the carpet I expect

It’s not just the anti-City attitudes, it’s the whole approach and the lack of professionalism, the idea that what the viewer wants is to hear two people talking the kind of irrelevant bollocks you might hear from the row behind you at the game. At the start of the second half against Palace Sterling and Bernardo swapped wings and immediately Raz was looking to take on his fullback on the outside and cut the ball back from the bye line. Of course City fans would spot this at once but other viewers might have appreciated a bit of a steer on what had changed. Even old Motty might have thought to point this out, but from the pair on Saturday not a word. The best commentary I’ve heard this season was one of the early League Cup games where you had to pay a tenner and it was just one guy on his own describing what was happening.

Sports reporters used to pride themselves on writing a well-crafted balanced report without the clear bias and partisanship that exists today. The quality of reporting went downhill when the PL and Sky appeared centre stage and some third rate hacks have contributed nothing more than oblivious determination to drag it further into the gutter than it now is. Hatchet jobs on clubs, particularly one I could mention, and individual players - Sterling is a classic example of how the RDAHMeedya got the knives in to the point where every fuckin' touch was booed by opposition fans who wouldn't have the faintest idea why they were booing. I also remember that moron Dirty Dan Wanker when he had the opportunity of fronting an FA Cup tie - Scunthorpe v MCFC became Scunny v The Money. Bastard.

Must have missed the fuss made over City's job advertisement for a Support Assistant. Martin Samuel speaking sense yet again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...layer-support-officer-isnt-mollycoddling.html

This rag in the comments losing his shit made me laugh:

One Guardian journalist, who doesn't toe the anti-City line and he can't handle it. How would that guy cope if the shoe was on the other foot, even just for just a day? Every other journo, not just talking sense and being impartial as Martin Samuel is, but blatantly kissing City's arse and pulling negative United stories out of their own arses to boot.
Even Samuel is wide of the mark in this piece. The liason officer is more likely to be helping the 14 year old academy player and his parents settle in.
The comments from the idiots (I can't spell neanderthals) shows the jealousy and stupidity of fans.

No you arent biased remember camel gob when a pundit on BT saying he wanted RM to beat us in the semi final. I jacked in my BT subscription to BT sports and change my phone and internet away from BT, and have never gone back to bt

I stumbled across a video of Spurs beating Ajax a couple of years ago with Lineker, Hoddle and Camelgob shown watching the match in the studio. Although he has no connection to Spurs, Ferdinand is shown jumping and punching the air in delight, shouting 'wow' and 'oh my gawd' like some daft yank on a Gordon Ramsey programme. Yet this same twat says that he hopes City get beat before important European matches.
The most dislikeable man in football
Ferdinand I have the pleasure of having cost him £65K and a 3 match ban

No you arent biased remember camel gob when a pundit on BT saying he wanted RM to beat us in the semi final. I jacked in my BT subscription to BT sports and change my phone and internet away from BT, and have never gone back to bt
Good man, just hope you didn’t change to Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.