Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy into much of the "media agenda" stuff, but they got caught on a narrative yesterday that they couldn't get off. They were responding to the Villa manager, and then responding to each other. The newspapers were all a lot more controlled about it.

they created the narrative & it’s always a similar theme.

My heart sinks every-time I hear Steve McManaman is announced as the co-commentator on our games.

How do we lobby BT to get him off our televised matches?

I've written my first ever complaint to BT asking them why they can't find any "expert" pundits from the other 90 clubs making up the football league and, if they insist on going down the "fanzone" route, why they don't just get ordinary fans of Liverpool and United to do the same job and pass on the cost reduction to subscribers.

The thing is, I suspect that one way or another, they get some backhanders or favours for such overt product placement.

What the fuck is Gallagher going on about on sky sports, unpalatable ???? Then he adds it's a loophole. No it's a rule!!! Agbonlahor and even Beckford saying it's sneaky, Villa robbed, what are they smoking??? Rodri was caught upfield, he wasn't standing there just waiting to sneak up and pinch the ball. Fucking hell if it wasn't us who benefitted this discussion wouldn't even be being discussed.

Genuinely can't get my head round why so many people are failing to grasp this rule.

The simple fact is when Mings controlled the ball uncontested Rodri was deemed to be ONSIDE and he can then attempt to contest the ball
and i'm struggling with the pundits ignoring the fact he was onside anyway, with two villa defenders playing him on so the rule doesn't come into play, despite what you are saying is completely correct, it didn't matter

"For example, let's imagine Rodri was in an offside position, the Villa keeper has the ball and throws it to Mings. Mings isn't looking however, it hits the back of his head and rebounds to Rodri, who is then judged to be offside as Mings is judged not to have played the ball deliberately."

@andyhinch

In answer to your question about my lack of understanding I have reposed the part of PB's post that I had clearly highlighted where it states you can be offside from a pass by the opposition keeper.

Even when pointed out he still thinks he is correct. Do you agree with him?

What the fuck is Gallagher going on about on sky sports, unpalatable ???? Then he adds it's a loophole. No it's a rule!!! Agbonlahor and even Beckford saying it's sneaky, Villa robbed, what are they smoking??? Rodri was caught upfield, he wasn't standing there just waiting to sneak up and pinch the ball. Fucking hell if it wasn't us who benefitted this discussion wouldn't even be being discussed.
“Morally unpalatable”
Gallagher is a cretin

I've written my first ever complaint to BT asking them why they can't find any "expert" pundits from the other 90 clubs making up the football league and, if they insist on going down the "fanzone" route, why they don't just get ordinary fans of Liverpool and United to do the same job and pass on the cost reduction to subscribers.

The thing is, I suspect that one way or another, they get some backhanders or favours for such overt product placement.
I was going to write to them too. But I watch their channel for free, so might be a bit of a cheek complaining about their shit, biased pundits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.