Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose this could be classed as ‘media’;
Had the pleasure of watching Jesse Lingard ‘reading’ on BBC Bitesize on BBC2 yesterday. He struggled through a page of a kids book. But the really funny thing was he was described as a ‘superstar’!

Kane was onside with the current application of the law though as Lovren made a deliberate attempt to play the ball. Doesn’t matter that he was in an offside position once that happened.
That's incorrect, as soon as the ball is passed forward it's offside, Lovren was attempting to "save" the ball with a sliding tackle, he was not trying to take possession of the ball therefore Kane was offside, I can't explain it a well as this article does but have a read

Cheers. There are times you just sit there and listen to the absolute fucking tripe dripping from ex professional players and a referee and want to smash the TV up, such is the sheer stupidity and unfair criticism of their so called expert opinion.

As for Dean Smith just saying juggling balls or some other such bollocks to the officials, that's exactly what it is, bollocks. He should be banned for a few games and sent along with Mings to a rules refresher course as they don't understand or know them. Maybe that would save them from making utter tools of themselves live on TV.

I don’t think it helps that it’s inconsistently applied. There was one in the Juve game last night where the defender tries to control it, messes it up and hits it a couple of yards away and the player coming back from an offside position goes to play it and it’s blown up for offside.

I don’t think it helps that it’s inconsistently applied. There was one in the Juve game last night where the defender tries to control it, messes it up and hits it a couple of yards away and the player coming back from an offside position goes to play it and it’s blown up for offside.

I heard that mentioned but had given up listening by then. Our decision was correct whether they liked it or not. With var in operation the inconsistency shouldn't be happening.

That's incorrect, as soon as the ball is passed forward it's offside, Lovren was attempting to "save" the ball with a sliding tackle, he was not trying to take possession of the ball therefore Kane was offside, I can't explain it a well as this article does but have a read

That article backs up why he wasn’t offside though. He was trying to clear the ball and screwed it up (as in, deliberately trying to play the ball), there wasn’t a tackle or a save in it.

That article backs up why he wasn’t offside though. He was trying to clear the ball and screwed it up (as in, deliberately trying to play the ball), there wasn’t a tackle or a save in it.
It was a "save" or as we call it a tackle, he wasn't deliberately trying to take control or make a deliberate pass to a team mate therefore it's offside, we can go round the houses here but I'm pretty sure my interpretation is the correct one.

Lets be honest, this rule is no worse than a centre forward stealing a few yards on the defence thus being in an offside position when a ball is played wide, the wide player who is not offside takes the ball to the byline and 3 seconds later pulls it back. The centre forward has an advantage now being ahead of the defenders but is not deemed offside because he is behind the ball and gets a tap in, happens regularly, and an opposition player hasnt even touched the ball in the build up.

The above common scenario is no more a different phase of play than last night, I am just glad that the fat ref new the rule and implemented it correctly.

The hatred in the media is more to do with them all shitting themselves at us winning the league again, and they had built up hope of villa pulling off a draw/win shock. As someone has said, if penandez did that he would be seen as "savvy" and hailed a hero. I just wish it had been the only goal, as that would piss em off even more.

This shit is going to intensify as the season progresses, as long as the scum are in with a shout, after last night and the ensuing furore I would fucking love it if we won it on a single goal difference.......just imagine the torment.

not the same as Rodri, as Rodri did nothing wrong unlike the utd player that handballed the ball, the utd player knew he had cheated by handball and that caused the confusion. ;)
I know it's different mate, more the controversy and different narrative, and Camelgob's reaction, didn't see any of our players going over to the ref/assistant and trying to intimidate and influence them, :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.