Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Well done Cheltenham, you did your town and fans proud.

Seen some in the match day thread saying about Peps subs being weird, turned out they were exactly what we needed, Gundogan and Cancelo were both exceptional when they came on and lifted the team, Dias is a rock.

Speaking of the match day thread, some posters were as always overwhelmingly negative, but special mention to the poster who called us a ‘pathetic club’, a City fan, absolutely fuckíng ‘pathetic poster’.
If you don’t want to read utter crap don’t go on the match day thread

Sadly for Mendy, he needs to be moved on in the Summer. Didn't offer anything tonight. He's now just picking up a wage, and taking up a place in the squad.
Exactly right, either the injuries or perhaps it's just his attitude, but he's a million miles away from the player who played against us before we signed him. Cancello is showing what we need from a fullback, the ability to defend and work in a back four when required, but also to know when you can be part of the attack, and when you do make sure you contribute. Mendy is giving the team nothing.

As for there game, was always going to be an odd one, loads of changes for us, and a cup final for them, several players looked like they hadn't seen the others before. Fair play to Pep, gave them time to prove they could win, but made changes in the right places. Don't think they had an attack after Dias and Gundog came on, and Cancello played well.

Apologies for missing 26 pages but an Adrak curry from Urmston took precedence.
My thoughts - our alleged strength of the squad is bollocks. Many are less than ordinary. Its the few key players that change the dynamic. Foden was good but once Gundogan came on he was outstanding.
If I never saw Mendy , Mahrez and too some extent Jesus again it wouldn't bother me. We should package them up and get a top player in.
Laporte very rusty.

Pep must have learned quite a bit tonight. Hindsight says 10 changes was too much. Not just that but Torres, Laporte, Garcia just back from injury/COVID. Gabby still rusty and mix in a couple of youngsters and you get a performance like the first 60 minutes or so. Mahrez and Mendy were just so poor so Phil and Fern had a bloody heavy load.
Thankfully Pep responded in time and nailed the subs. I genuinely was never worried that we would ultimately win although I did have a little concern it wouldn’t be in normal time.
Fair play to CT who worked like it was the most important game they had ever played. They showed a good bit of quality too.
Phil was phenomenal. Cancelo showed great quality when he came on and Dias and Gundo steadied everything down.

Iirc, he joined about 15/16. Dont think Forest rejected him, daddy rejected Forest, I think.
If you meant all the way thru from tot stage, erm.......nope not got one.
Forest released him at 17.
We signed him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.