Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Good win that.

Someone said that Mendy and Mahrez were our most dangerous players in the first half, and 8 people liked the comment. I don’t know where you are all getting your heroin from, but it’s bad shit.

Gundogan, Diaz and Cancelo. It was like, here’s the adults to help Foden and win the game.

Certain senior players should be humiliated by how they played then.
Mendy another £40+ million left back who couldn’t make it playing for Northwich Victoria. Mahrez ~ enough said

Well done Cheltenham, you did your town and fans proud.

Seen some in the match day thread saying about Peps subs being weird, turned out they were exactly what we needed, Gundogan and Cancelo were both exceptional when they came on and lifted the team, Dias is a rock.

Speaking of the match day thread, some posters were as always overwhelmingly negative, but special mention to the poster who called us a ‘pathetic club’, a City fan, absolutely fuckíng ‘pathetic poster’.

He wasnt in our academy was he , didnt he get rejected from forest and we picked him up ?
Iirc, he joined about 15/16. Dont think Forest rejected him, daddy rejected Forest, I think.
If you meant all the way thru from tot stage, erm.......nope not got one.

I dont think the whole team was complacent but i think the normal suspects were at it....Mendy, Mahrez being two of them. Mahrez has a sublime touch but is absolutely not up for a fight and is bullied out of games. Mendy just is bang average as you say

Agree with Foden - he drove the team forward time and time again.

Thought Doyle did well initially but faded a little second half.

Jesus needs a kick up the arse as well for the miss before he eventually scored.....we need a striker we can rely on in the next 12 months and the fact that after 4 years there are still question marks against him says it all.

cancello was great when he came on as well

Tidy views mate :)

The silence on BBC when the equaliser went in!!! Murphy couldn’t find any words ... what a c..t

I had muted it cos murphy was so annoying, when we equalized I turned sound back on to listen to his pain. I thought the button hadnt worked cos it was silent for about ten fcking seconds.....at least we shut him up.

Thought Cheltenham were great, they approached the game with a brilliant attitude, they were aggresive, they made no secret of where their own strenghts lay and played for that, and they kept their shape. Couple that with a few individual performances and there you go, tough opposition.

Our first half was a bit meh, whereas they were "up for it" and seemed to bully us a bit, plus our fullbacks didnt affect the game at all. Cheltenham got their goal and I thought that was it as we had missed a couple of sitters, but cometh the hour, cometh the man. What a prospect Phil is, that combination of control,vision,dribbling ability, and a nose for goal is priceless. Shout out to the subs too, changed our performance, and along with Cheltenham tiring it was over when we equalized.

The lack of var seems like a loose cannon now somehow, relying on linos to get it right, if they had flagged wrongly on a couple of tight calls we might be out now.

Cheltenham were gracious in defeat too, class all round and a credit to their club. Didnt watch much post match but did the beeb mention our financial support for this game? it should have been mentioned as it shows us taking part in the comp in the "right spirit", something weve been accused of not doing recently.

Load of players playing together for the first time in ages, nothing too worry about imo, got the job done in the end and that's all that matters.

Focus should be more on the fact we were able to bring 3 of our in form starters on and they were able to just walk on and boss the game.

Foden top again.

One gripe, I like eric and I wish him the best in his career, but I really wish we wouldn't play him when he clearly wants to be elsewhere.

With 20 mins to go I was worried, but thankfully we came through in the end. Foden continues to shine and was our best player today.

Crap performance overall and it took the introduction of Cancelo and Gundo to change the game. Wasteful in front of goal again, we need Serge back asap

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.