Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is this week, wait until we next drop points he’ll be a busted flush again :)

Seriously though, that's one of the big problems when trying to discuss performance of players, manager and team: far too much emphasis on the short-term and maybe emotional reaction to anything less than wonderful.

Also, our support has always had a tendency to seek scapegoats (don't care what other supporters do). That goes back to my early days as a supporter, when, IIRC, players such as Joe Corrigan, Paul Power and Kevin Bond took massive stick at some point and then at a later one got voted our player of the season.

We have a truly brilliant manager.

We have a squad that actually has nothing but very talented players.

The team performs to a level week in week out that most clubs can only envy: what is often described by some of our supporters as gash or shite actually isn't relative to the competition; it's just a variation in performance that is the lower end of our very high standard.

We are now back to being the best performing team in the league and if we maintain some consistency, we can have a superb season and we have plenty of reason to be optimistic because the team has been on a steady upward trajectory for most of the season as it implements a few tweaks that Pep has introduced.

Things could go to shit because that is the world that we currently live in but we should stay calm and believe that game by game Pep will push this team forward over the longer term.

I was one of those who thought he is mentally exhausted and we should move on with another manager. I was so so wrong and I apologise. But, let's keep in mind that he is now doing what most of us, who thought he is done, were asking: stop playing Mahrez, more minutes for Foden, stop playing Gundogan and Rodri as 2 DM. Now I understand that he was just trying different things to get players used to it. I have no problem admitting that I was wrong, but that's why we are fans and he is the manager: we are entitled for an opinion as well, even though a wrong one. Happy to be proven wrong.

Pep making us sweat , makes two subs and we win the game , does he pick Garcia specifically to wind our supporters up or the management ? apparently Garcia will be accepting a contract offer from Barca which is well below what he has already turned down from us , Barca are skint and going nowhere at the moment.But if Garcia stayed he is 4th choice , so maybe he thinks he will walk into Barca's current team , remember Diaz did when he signed for Madrid , how did that work out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.