Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an example where you see a lack of positive coverage about Foden I see nothing but positive praise in the press. I think even Lineker described him as the most excited he has been by an english talent and someone else comparing him to Gascoigne/Scholes how he received the ball. Not saying you are right or wrong but funny how we can see something so differently.

It's not that Foden doesn't get praise. I was saying imagine the praise he would get if he played in red.
Even the press/pundits cannot ignore raw talent.

The lack of individual awards over the years proves my point.

Last edited:
Apparently there’s no agenda, it’s just a coincidence, week after week after week

If you think there’s a Mr Big somewhere, stroking his white cat, puffing on a large cigar and plotting the downfall of MCFC you’re probably wrong.

If you think there’s a collection of bodies and individuals, for whom in different ways and for different reasons denigrating MCFC and disparaging its achievements and if possible frustrating it’s progress is in their own interests, you’re probably right.

I’m interested in which view Frank takes.

Cheers for the reply..

It's not just Delaney and Harris though who have difficulty in reporting on us fairly, it's right across all of the media platforms..

Can you see any of the other clubs managers, in fact any manager being asked in a press conference if he'd taken a bung ?

Now maybe we bring a bit of this on ourselves as City may well have taken the decision to let these things ride.

It doesn't make it right and it doesn't condone it though..

We have a very loyal and supportive fan base and I for one have no problem with the majority of them not deciding to let the media bias ride by making their feelings known.

In fact people like Rabin have rattled a fair few cages and in turn has shown many of the hacks up for what they are..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against bad press and criticism against City, far from it but surely it's got to have some substance behind it and at least be justified..

Regarding our squad size / depth, it has been assembled within the FFP rules and we have spent in line with what we turnover..

Other clubs, clubs who are valued more than us could and should therefore have assembled similar, quality squads too you could safely argue..

We ducked out on Sanchez, Fred, Maguire and Pogba to name but a few as they were deemed too expensive for us.

Funnily enough all of them signed for a club who are half a billion pounds in debt..

How's that work and where's the media reporting into this ?

Like I say Frank, it doesn't sit right with me and with the vast majority of others too I would guess..!

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reasoned reply. Yes I concur there are more than Delaney and Harris out there and I dont blame City fans at all for being peeved (would use a stronger word but as on a forum) with their content and full marks to Rabin taking them on, gets my full support.

Fully understand it does not sit right with many people, including myself, but I think we do our own arguments a disservice, and give the likes of Delaney, a get out of jail card, as with some of the content on here and social media its an outlet to portray our views as those of a paranoid fanbase. Some of the gripes today highlights that.

Focus on the real battles and take pleasure in the fact we get one over the doubters pretty much every week.

It's not that Foden doesn't get praise. I was saying imagine the praise he would get if he played in red.
Even the press/pundits cannot ignore raw talent.

The lack of individual awards over the years proves my point.
Agree on the point about the fawning over liverpool/United players, defo to sell papers.

Agree about the lack of awards but not necessarily the reasoning. A lot of the individual awards, we have missed out on, are decided by the players of other clubs. Do you think they are all biased as well?

If you think there’s a Mr Big somewhere, stroking his white cat, puffing on a large cigar and plotting the downfall of MCFC you’re probably wrong.

If you think there’s a collection of bodies and individuals, for whom in different ways and for different reasons denigrating MCFC and disparaging its achievements and if possible frustrating it’s progress is in their own interests, you’re probably right.

Like any unregulated “industry” there are vested interest at play, and in this case it’s the huge fan bases of the 2 **** clubs, it sells more subscriptions, more papers, gets more clicks, pleases more watchers. It’s a case of love scum hate City, love dippers hate City. There’s almost certainly elements of racism in there (pro USA, anti Arab). We weren’t hated when we were shit, it’s only when we upset the establishment, the sky 4 etc. It’s every week, it’s every commentatory, and to deny otherwise is gullible beyond belief. Yesterday we score and it’s “no flag” in a quiet and disgruntled voice, no mention of us scoring, Tyler whispers when we score, shouts when we concede. It’s how it is. If Scudamore could say publicly that it’s good for the premier league for the scum and dippers to win it, just Imagine what goes on behind closed doors

Last edited:
Don't be a clever arse for a start with the 'mickey.'
I've read a few of your recent posts that made me think you are the sort of rag who comes on here to wind up City fans despite having some pro City posts. But like Contrary Frank coming on here to tell City fans we are wrong is not a good idea, calling them fanny wipes even less so.
I am not sure when you decided your bright idea of ignoring the media and turning the other cheek came to you but 100 points and all domestic trophies doesn't seem to have had much effect in shutting them up. You thinking the media do a job on us once a week makes me wonder where you live. The moon perhaps?
I want to be able to enjoy reading and watching programmes involving City and being British l like to think l have the characteristics of fair play and give credit where its due. So l will always stick up for them and City fans. lts dead easy to put you on ignore. Putting the whole media is not so easy.
Ps. I also don't like lies being told either.
Just got a notification that you are now “following me”. Weird.

you think im a rag? Ha fuck me. Grow up. Ive paid my dues over 46 years to criticise or applaud as i see fit. I dont need some happy clapping prick to give me the ok to do so.

getting 100 points and not shutting the media negativity up doesnt wind me up, far from it, just gives me a warm glow. Try it.

so fuck off with your self righteousness and leave me to my own opinion, as i will yours. Its a forum. Things are discussed. Some youll like , some you wont, but dont be telling people what opinions are right or wrong.

have a good sunday and please “unfollow” me

I wonder who started the ball rolling to send
that letter from the the Hateful Eight (or nine) to CAS? I don't like the word 'agenda' its too formal.
There is certainly some collusion amongst many of the teams in the top half and those who seek to benefit from the crumbs from their table. The media merely side with them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.