#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok maybe £60m is a bit optimistic but why would we let him go for any less than £40-50m?

Contract til 2023 so we’re under no pressure to sell, 2 premier leagues, an fa cup and 2 league cups, prem player of the season, all the ability in the world and at the peak of his career (hes the same age as DeBruyne)

He’s not suited to city but that doesn’t mean he isn’t still a fantastic player who would likely thrive at a different club.

United for example would be desperate to buy him for that kind of money and pretty sure he’d be a success there with their style of counter attacking football.
Because we're largely awful at selling.

Unfortunately you’re right.

Brahim Diaz and Iheanacho are the only 2 from recent memory where I think we did well to get the price we did.
We got decent money for Sancho considering he could of left on a free not long after. Angus Gunn was decent money. Sane considering how bad his injury was and the time left on his contract (still only made a small profit). 1.5mil from Tosin & Garcia is horrific business.

In the current climate, no chance anyone spends more than £40mil on Mahrez.

We got decent money for Sancho considering he could of left on a free not long after. Angus Gunn was decent money. Sane considering how bad his injury was and the time left on his contract (still only made a small profit). 1.5mil from Tosin & Garcia is horrific business.

In the current climate, no chance anyone spends more than £40mil on Mahrez.
The Tosin sale was scandalous although the club probably took a cut price deal to secure him a move to a premier league team as a gesture.

I read that we also took a cut price deal to help facilitate a move that Dzeko wanted for the same reason.

We’re too nice like that and Tosin should currently be taking Garcia’s place in the squad.

Someone who actually wanted to be here vs someone who doesn’t.

In today market no chance we get 50m for Mahrez 25m maybe but can’t see pep wanting to sell him.
Absolutely no chance we’d entertain £25m for Mahrez.

Even in today’s climate that would be a nonsense bid from any club.

Id drive Mahrez to a new team tomorrow but think people are vastly under rating his ability.

This isn’t Aaron Lennon we’re talking about.

Don’t think Leicester fans or players would agree. Perhaps our style of play just doesn’t suit? He’s clearly a very good player. Just not cut out to play the Pep way
I know a Leicester fanatic and ST holder. He’s not at all surprised how it’s worked out with us. Never a guy to bust a bollock.

Obviously you can be unlucky with a signing - e.g. Mendy and his injuries - but this seems a case where we didn‘t carry out due diligence.

I never slag a city player off but this lad is not good enough so predictable in everything he does, his crossing is at best average. He must be knackered shagging dawn wards daughter until the early hours
Never heard of her...but I bet she always goes on top so he can save energy.

(Edited for typo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.